Different embarkation times

divadee007

We leave on Monday on Azura. My mum and her friend have now booked the same cruise. We are travelling together in the same car but they have a 13.30 boarding time and we have 15.30 boarding time. Very annoying.

So can we drop them off, park the car drop off our luggage and then take a trip to Southampton west quay on foot? I assuming we will have to now p&o are strict with embarkation times.

Yes, this is a reasonable plan. Possibly suggest you do not arrive before 13.30 but after that, a little bit. You can definitely drop off your luggage early without a problem. I believe it is possible to drop your car off at this time or tell the valets, if you are with CPS that you are keeping the car to go into town for an hour or so then drop it later as you return. This would likely involve paying for parking in the city centre.

An alternative is to park the car early, go into the terminal muddled up a bit and get the plastic letters. They might give you all the same letter and be able to board together. If not you can still go into town on foot and return at your allocated time.

Regards John

We had a similar problem and rang Customer services and they were kind enough to advance our embarkation time to the same as our friend.

If you are unable to do so then I would suggest that you DON'T join the embarkation traffic queue but tell the marshal you are dropping off and avoid the delay at the terminal. You can then drive down to west quay shop and then return to the drop off point at the appropriate time. Hope this helps?

You can all board together at 15.30.

Hahaha. Like my mum would miss 2 hours onboard time!!

It doesn't bother me waiting to get on, just don't want to wait in the terminal doing nothing. Would rather be shopping.

you could have linked the booking, then you would have had the same time. It's worth a call? Are you all on the same table for dinner?

No for dinner as it is actually 2 separate holidays. We don't intend spending much time with my mum and her friend. Not in a horrible way but this is totally 2 separate holidays for us.

you could have linked the booking, then you would have had the same time. It's worth a call? Are you all on the same table for dinner?

Didn't work for us a couple of weeks ago - we had linked but we were 1:30 and our travelling companions were 3.30 so we all had to board at 3:30 - P&O would not allow our friends to have 1:30 and as we were in one car we had to all have 3:30. A bit petty we thought. We were told that linking only applies to meal times.

Ours are also linked but both parties have different times. We are all using Freedom dining. Edited by peteukmcr