Port Canaveral hotel/car drop off/shuttle

cjnix29

We will fly into Orlando, most likely rent a car to get to Port Canaveral, so we will want a hotel that is either close to a car rental drop off, or has a shuttle. First time we have ever done this, so looking for some suggestions/advice! Is it easier to return car, take hotel shuttle to port? Drop off car and take car rental shuttle to the port? No idea! And which hotels shuttle to the port? Thank you!

We will fly into Orlando, most likely rent a car to get to Port Canaveral, so we will want a hotel that is either close to a car rental drop off, or has a shuttle. First time we have ever done this, so looking for some suggestions/advice! Is it easier to return car, take hotel shuttle to port? Drop off car and take car rental shuttle to the port? No idea! And which hotels shuttle to the port? Thank you!

You don't need a hotel shuttle as the car rental agencies all have a shuttle. If you have a bunch of people, I would go by the cruise terminal first, drop off people and bags, then take the car back to the rental agency and take the shuttle back. If it's just the two of you, I'd go straight to the rental agency and take that shuttle to the cruise terminal.

Bob is right!

the beauty of a rental car is that you can stay/shop/dine where you want. Return the car the morning of your cruise and use the car rental agency shuttle. Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Flying in late on Christmas day for Carnival Sunshine leaving on the 26th. I think since we don't get in until after 9pm, renting a car is the only way to get to a hotel since, I believe the shuttles stop at 8. Who has the best rental rate. There are 4 of us traveling.

Who knows who has the best car rental rate? :confused: Check your favorite travel web site and compare; I like www dot carrentals dot com. Do you have access to AAA discounts or Costco? Check some of the WDW boards for FLA only discount codes.

We rented a car from Budget from MCO to Cape Canaveral for $25.83 in January 2016. Dollar also had good prices. Just depended on the day and who has a deal. They fluctuated quite a bit, so keep checking even after making a reservation - can always cancel and book a better deal if you don't do a non-cancellable rate.

It was great having the convenience of having a car. We returned the car the morning of the cruise and took the rental agency's shuttle to the port - very quick and not much of a wait. The agency was a madhouse but luckily it was people getting off the ship, not people waiting to get to the ship so our wait was minimal.

All the agencies in Cape Canaveral are pretty close to the port. We stayed at La Quinta Cocoa Beach, a few minutes away.

What I did was check carrentals.com to see which agency is cheapest, then go to retailmenot.com and find discount codes to use on the agency's websites to get even better deals.

Good luck!