Current LIVE Royal Caribbean Periscopes

Don't know if you saw it but had someone a couple of months ago do a scope on deck and put the phone in her purse without quitting. We all listened in and chatted for a while from inside her purse.

LOL!!! I remember that one!!!! I was the silly one trying to get her attention!!!! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I 2nd the Comment about Scoping being Fun!!! Got to meet Celisse on our Allure Cruise, through Cruise Critic, But ALSO periscope!!! We live Streamed some awesome periscopes, and awesome's periscopes together, on Allure of the seas!!!

I look forward to Cruising with You again sometime in the Future!!! [emoji4]

((((Hugs my Friend))))

The scopes were all good, but the Q&A you two did together at the end was awesome.

The scopes were all good, but the Q&A you two did together at the end was awesome.

Thank You So Much!!! We had so much Fun Doing That!!! It was Celisse, that came up with the Idea, of a Q & A session, with both of us on the last day of our cruise. It was a very Nice Touch!!! [emoji5]

Don't know if you saw it but had someone a couple of months ago do a scope on deck and put the phone in her purse without quitting. We all listened in and chatted for a while from inside her purse.

OH NO! I'll bet that happens a lot LOL!!

My first scope was a disaster - so far, I've only scoped concerts. I was finally able to connect for the finale of the show, but it wasn't focusing well. So, similar to what I'd do for a photo or video, I double clicked on the phone thinking it would help focus. Instead, it flipped to my face!! Well, I didn't intend to show myself, so I clicked out of Periscope, but then was concerned because I didn't turn off the broadcast. Sure enough, it was still running and I continued like nothing happened. Nobody knows I scope - just something I do for fun - so it wasn't like many people were following anyways. 😀

Note to newbies - don't double click your phone if you don't want to show yourself.

July 9 - silvermcs - Anthem

July 9 - standupfan - Empress

July 9 - jasonbridge - Anthem

July 10 - Stevey_Ray - Allure

July 10 - kp2426 - Allure

July 10 - edubbman - Allure

July 15 - NickVitani - Majesty

July 16 - Rich_Triplett - Grandeur

July 23 - jkrislc - Serenade

July 24 - Cruisinglove - Freedom

July 28 - mpoole3 - Empress (not yet confirmed)

July 30 - Thereal_ssteele - Oasis

August 8 - klaconquesto - Majesty

August 14 - NickVitani - Allure

August 21 - kcjarvis - Liberty

August 28 - Andrew_1720 - Allure

September 10 - tinamarie1965 - Oasis

September 12 - Virtopia - Rhapsody

September 18 - geeocacher – Allure

September 18 - MsEmmy17 - Allure

September 26 - CruisingKat - Majesty

October 20 - yorkvillain - Anthem

October 22 – newcastlemam - Harmony

October 30 - m_swisshelm – Allure

October 30 - bugsycruiser - Liberty

November 5 - Celisse - Harmony

November 12 - LennyInFlorida - Harmony

November 12 - kristen_mcdole - Harmony

November 12 - Andrew_1720 - Harmony

November 22 - kcjarvis - Navigator

December 10 - kcjarvis – Freedom

Confirmed!! Plus a live blog. :D

Nobody knows I scope - just something I do for fun - so it wasn't like many people were following anyways. 😀

It still amazes me how quickly find you though. Before anyone I knew had heard of Periscope and before my name was on any of these lists I did short scopes just to figure out things (like reversing the camera etc) and during a 30 second scope (that only showed the keyboard at my desk) I picked up two viewers.

I think that was one of my favourite scopes to watch/take part it! [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...did I hear Lenny saying he has another one in December? I have his November one but thought in his balcony scope he said he had cruises in November and December.

Hi Geeocacher, we'll be scoping from the Navigator on Dec 18th! :D

If you don't mind, I'd like to post a few comments to the new scopers as I've seen a few on this thread.

It's obvious how to start a scope, but I've seen people struggle with/forget how to stop a scope. It may be phone specific (and I have an older iPhone), but you need to swipe down at the top of the page to see the button to end your broadcast. First timers may find it worrisom to not see anything obvious on their screen.

Also - blocking is easy. Just click on their name and you are given the option to block. No worries.

I enjoy watching the scopes when I can - I follow a few here who also forward scopes, so thanks for doing that!

Thank you for the tips!! I've been watching and each have own technique and approach.!! All have been enjoyable, entertaining and educational!!

I'm going to have fun with it,I'll be on the Oasis and its mandatory!! [emoji106] [emoji6]

Hi friends. I was wondering if any of you regular periscope watchers are familiar with #passthecast on periscope?

I've only seen it one time but I would love to bring it to our little cruising scope community.

Basically, you have one host, and a line up of 5 or 6 other users. There is a theme, and viewers go from one cast to the next to the next to the next (essentially passing on the broadcast) and they all talk about the theme.

Anyone interested?

Hi friends. I was wondering if any of you regular periscope watchers are familiar with #passthecast on periscope?

I've only seen it one time but I would love to bring it to our little cruising scope community.

Basically, you have one host, and a line up of 5 or 6 other users. There is a theme, and viewers go from one cast to the next to the next to the next (essentially passing on the broadcast) and they all talk about the theme.

Anyone interested?

I know there are a few of us on the Nov 12 Harmony Sailing, I would do it... although I need to learn how to do it first haha

Anyone interested?

That sounds like lots of fun. Id be interested. I think it could work well for cruising. Therefore lots of hot topics to discuss in the cruising world!

Obviously from my house and not from a cruise as I'm not on another until Nov and it's not even RCCL [emoji33]

Lol you don't have to be on a cruise, that's fine.

I stole the idea from the Disney periscope community, they do a Disney Pass The Cast every few weeks. The one I watched had, iirc, 6 participants. 4 of them were at home and two of them were at the parks.

I think it would work great if we had one or two people on a ship during the pass the cast! :)

@NECruiser83 - I'm so jealous of that Nov 12 cruise! It's a good group of you on that sailing! I'll be on the super short Harmony sailing the week before so I'll just miss y'all [emoji24]

Lol you don't have to be on a cruise, that's fine.

I stole the idea from the Disney periscope community, they do a Disney Pass The Cast every few weeks. The one I watched had, iirc, 6 participants. 4 of them were at home and two of them were at the parks.

I think it would work great if we had one or two people on a ship during the pass the cast! :)

@NECruiser83 - I'm so jealous of that Nov 12 cruise! It's a good group of you on that sailing! I'll be on the super short Harmony sailing the week before so I'll just miss y'all [emoji24]

Sounds like an awesome idea. I'm in

When I did it in March there was only the original Voom. Now I would purchase the surf and stream.

Thank you for your answer, Andrew.

Btw. You are the reason, why I downloaded Periscope ;) too bad I hesitated too long that I missed your first days on Allure.

Btw. You are the reason, why I downloaded Periscope ;) too bad I hesitated too long that I missed your first days on Allure.

Hello Wivian

Andrew was also my reason for Scoping, when I was on Allure in May.

You can Click on Andrew's Profile, and watch all his Scopes in replay. I am pretty sure he might have saved them before the Automatic feature was put in effect.

Happy scoping. [emoji6][emoji106]

I will back at it in August, so please follow along. I got a couple goodies that makes get make the scope and live review even better.

Hello Wivian

Andrew was also my reason for Scoping, when I was on Allure in May.

You can Click on Andrew's Profile, and watch all his Scopes in replay. I am pretty sure he might have saved them before the Automatic feature was put in effect.

Happy scoping.

Kat, thank-you as well.

Some of my later scopes have been saved, but I was scoping in March well before #save exsisted. You know, back in the day.;):D

I will back at it in August, so please follow along. I got a couple goodies that makes get make the scope and live review even better.

Kat, thank-you as well.

Some of my later scopes have been saved, but I was scoping in March well before #save exsisted. You know, back in the day.;):D

Ah yes!!! LOL!!! Hope you all are Doing well. I know you stated you don't do Facebook, but I would like to keep in touch with you and Lisa re: that Allure Cruise you will be on in March/2017, we are looking at possibilities of cruising with you guys.

User Name here @gmail.com [emoji846]

For those Periscopers that are on Facebook, I have Created a new Group, called Royal Caribbean Periscopers.

Unfortunately I cannot put the link here, as cruise critic will not allow links to other sites.

But if you just put in the title in the search bar, on FB, you should be able to find the group. [emoji6]

I would love to see, that all Royal Caribbean Periscopers are successful with their Scopes, have Fun, and experience the Joy, of Sharing their Cruise with followers! You will inspire Others, to periscope on their cruises!!!

My Dream Mission, is to have at least one Periscoper, on every single Royal Caribbean Ship, that sets sail, all over the Country!!!

Whether you are a Periscoper, or you like to watch the periscopes on the Royal Caribbean Ships, this group is for you!!

As we know, watching Periscopes from our Wonderful Royal Caribbean Ships, can help relieve the symptoms of PCD (Post Cruise Depression)

️Happy Scoping Everyone!!!

Edited by CruisingKat71

July 23 - jkrislc - Serenade

July 24 - Cruisinglove - Freedom

July 24 - mikebarr63 - Liberty

July 28 - mpoole3 - Empress

July 30 - Thereal_ssteele - Oasis

August 8 - klaconquesto - Majesty

August 11 - BrandonOwen - Empress

August 14 - NickVitani - Allure

August 21 - kcjarvis - Liberty