Would you keep luggage in your cabin that doesn't belong to you?

Keys2Heaven

Unfortunately there are people in the world who cannot see beyond their own nose to comprehend someone else's unfortunate situation and the consequences of that situation. They're commonly referred to as narcissists.

Mayo Clinic defines that as,

"Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others."

I can't even fathom ruining someone else's cruise by not following up on having their luggage mistakenly left in my cabin.

I feel so sorry for the people who had their cruise vacation impacted by the unfortunate thoughtlessness of someone else who can't see the real world beyond the tip of their own nose.

Same people who park a baby stroller in front of an exit door to arrange the baby's bottle. Or stand in front of an automatic door right where they will be hit when door opens. Or stop in a group in the middle of a hall blocking everyone else.

I was on a cruise when someone kept luggage until second to last day on a 7 day cruise. Steward couldn't believe it, nor could anyone else.

A few cruises ago we got three large bags delivered to our room. They were not ours. The tags had our room number written on them so it looked like there was an error somewhere. I just stopped the next luggage handler and explained what happened and he took the bags away. No problems.

IMO its either malicious mischief or downright "stealing" a person's vacation. A cabin, even family, suites, whatever, a different/extra suitcase would be noticeable. This was deliberate nastiness.

I don't think so. I think they're just immeasurably stupid.

Funny was the story posted here of the lady who stuffed her bra and negligee in the bag outside her door just before it was taken for debark storage. It wasn't her bag.

It's unfortunate but it seems to happen often. On our first cruise (Disney), someone was missing their suitcase for 6 of the 7 days - it wasn't until they were packing to debark that they turned in the "extra" suitcase. I was also on the March 2015 Pride repo where there was luggage missing, and on one of our Celebrity Bermuda cruises, there was a thing about 2-3 pieces of missing luggage.

I can't imagine not unpacking at least some stuff (like putting stuff into the bathroom or drawers).

I also can't imagine bringing into the cabin a suitcase I didn't recognize.

I can see it happening when you have multiple people traveling with mixed luggage in a room. I seriously doubt if it was done intentionally. One of the first cruises we were on they had up signs and sent out letters for 3 lost suitcases that as far as I know never turned up. They may have at the end of the cruise but if they did it was never announced. The notices were still up at the end of the cruise.

If someone was going to hide a bag they'd do it for the whole cruise to be a PIA, not turn it in the day before debark.

I always put a spare ship luggage tag inside my luggage, just in case the outer one gets torn off.

On top of my clothes in my luggage I always put a laundry-shirt-backing-board with my name, cell#, the name of the ship, cruise date, and my cabin# going to the ship, and my name, address, and cell# for the return home.:)

On my last cruise I bent down to pull out my suitcase to pack at the end of the cruise and noticed another suitcase under the bed. I pulled it out and it was empty. I notified the steward and he took it from me.

I don't search under the bed when I check in, just shove my emptied suitcase under the bed and enjoy.:)

I had to the title a few times before I comprehended what it was asking. H*ll no would I or any member of my family keep something that doesn't belong to us.

Self entitled mentality. Oh it's left in my room, I am keeping it. Imagine how that poor person feels. What if their meds are in there? Their toys, eek! Ha ha or like someone said, their pot.

On top of my clothes in my luggage I always put a laundry-shirt-backing-board with my name, cell#, the name of the ship, cruise date, and my cabin# going to the ship, and my name, address, and cell# for the return home.:)

We always put two tags on the outside. We had a handle break off once good thing. We also put a unfolded lug. tag on top of the clothes with my wifes biz. card stapled to it it has all our info on it.

Edited by e150club

On my last cruise I bent down to pull out my suitcase to pack at the end of the cruise and noticed another suitcase under the bed. I pulled it out and it was empty. I notified the steward and he took it from me.

I don't search under the bed when I check in, just shove my emptied suitcase under the bed and enjoy.:)

Maybe all of us should do a "once over" when we get to our rooms to ensure nothing has been left behind by the previous guests.