Suite help needed

So we are thinking of booking our first Royal cruise in a Crown Loft Suite on the Oasis. We will be booking one on the side of the ship so anyone have any recommendations? We are Platinum on DCL and usually sail in a Concierge suite on DCL so we know how all that work but no clue as to how it works on Royal. Does Royal give you pre-booking like DCL Shoreside Concierge or do you have to book all your extras on your own? Can you book things like dining, shows etc before everyone else or does it open for everyone at the same time? If it opens at the same time is it one of those things that you have to do very quickly once the window opens? I'm sure I'll have a hundred more questions. Thanks in advance.

You will love the CLS, will be in my second one in October,

you can email the concierge ahead of time for special request IE

cabana at the private island , most of the shows etc can be accessed

in your cruise planner from home.

You will love the CLS, will be in my second one in October,

you can email the concierge ahead of time for special request IE

cabana at the private island , most of the shows etc can be accessed

in your cruise planner from home.

Thanks for the info. How long before the cruise can you start booking activities and dinners etc and is it the same time as the rest of the people sailing?

Thanks for the info. How long before the cruise can you start booking activities and dinners etc and is it the same time as the rest of the people sailing?

No set time, and each option (dining, entertainment, excursions) can open at different times. However, all guests on that sailing will have access at the same time.

Edited by clarea

When DW and I sailed Oasis last summer the only show we booked online was the comedy show, which your concierge can not do <small venue>.

We emails our concierge and he made reservations for us for Izumi.

We took advantage of the gold card sections for all other shows, no reservations needed and when we did not eat at Coastal Kitchen we just showed out gold card at the podium for MTD and was seated immediately.

Here are the perks: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/sky

You are Sky Class. There are some other 'unpublished' perks that aren't on that website, such as free luggage valet and I assume the free garment pressing on the first formal night still applies (anyone know for sure?) .

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

You are Sky Class. There are some other 'unpublished' perks that aren't on that website, such as free luggage valet and I assume the free garment pressing on the first formal night still applies (anyone know for sure?) .

I was just in a sky class GS last week on allure and the free pressing was listed in the welcome letter in our suite. I had a dress pressed. I ended up being charged five bucks for it, but the concierge took it off the bill for me. So, looks like it still applies, but check your bill.

OP, I think I may have answered this question on another board (I have the same screen name). If that wasn't you, I can give you a bunch more info here later (not easy to cut and paste from the tablet I'm on now). :)

We had a CL on the Allure which is the same layout as Oasis, and enjoyed it very much. The suite lounge had better food than the MDR, IMHO, so we ate there most of the time. Suite guests have a certain area to sit in at the shows and the concierge can make reservations after you board. If you show up about 20 minutes before the show starts, just show them your suite card and they will let you in. We even got in to the comedy club by just showing up but I will admit we got lucky.

I wouldn't worry too much about reservations before you board as the concierge is quite accommodating.

I was just in a sky class GS last week on allure and the free pressing was listed in the welcome letter in our suite. I had a dress pressed. I ended up being charged five bucks for it, but the concierge took it off the bill for me. So, looks like it still applies, but check your bill.

OP, I think I may have answered this question on another board (I have the same screen name). If that wasn't you, I can give you a bunch more info here later (not easy to cut and paste from the tablet I'm on now). :)

Yes that is me on the other board, thanks again for all the info you provided. As I mentioned on the other board we booked CLS 1748. We still have 7 DCL Concierge cruises booked before we make the switch but I think we will be fine. We paid less for the CLS then a Cat V on the Fantasy or our B2B on the Dream in a 1BR..

Thanks everyone for the great info.

This was pointed out to me on another thread by Constable145. Is it safe to assume the perks on the 'Enhanced Suite Benefits' list all carried over to the new Royal Suite Class list?

Well first of all we love the CL suites and will be sailing in one again this summer.

We have had both L1 (side view) and L2 (back view) and I like the L2 where the DH likes the L1, so we got an L2:D

We wait in the suite lounge until its time to board.

A couple things we like is that when we board which is usually as they open the secuirty turnstyles about 11-11:30ish we head straight to deck 17 and drop off our bags, then go eat. In the past the door to these suites have not been locked.

Then we go one floor down and get something quick to eat at the wind jammer. There is suite seating, but the DD wont sit there because she feels she is in a fish tank and everyone watches her.....So we quickly eat and leave. This way others can eat.

After lunch we go meet the concierge and hand him a list of the days and times to book Coastal Kitchen for us.

They are usually busy so when its our turn waiting in line we hand him the list and then they can do at their convience.

We then check out our table in MDR. If in a bizarre location we talk to the maitre D.

Thats what I can think of now.

Enjoy....we do.

Sea Ya

This was pointed out to me on another thread by Constable145. Is it safe to assume the perks on the 'Enhanced Suite Benefits' list all carried over to the new Royal Suite Class list?

I would say so. I don't have first-hand experience, hopefully someone can confirm.

Here is the basic list: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests On Oasis and Quantum Class, these are most likely included in addition to the perks listed in the Royal Suite Class page. (However some things overlap, like the Concierge Lounge access is actually the Suite Lounge, and private specialty restaurant seating is replaced by Coastal Kitchen).

This gets confusing...

I would say so. I don't have first-hand experience, hopefully someone can confirm.

Here is the basic list: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests On Oasis and Quantum Class, these are most likely included in addition to the perks listed in the Royal Suite Class page. (However some things overlap, like the Concierge Lounge access is actually the Suite Lounge, and private specialty restaurant seating is replaced by Coastal Kitchen).

This gets confusing...

I was hoping someone would chime in on the other thread but it didn't happen.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk