?Will Verizon Air Card work on Western Caribbean?

IBRelaxin2

I am going to be purchasing a Verizon Wireless Broadband Air Card for my lap top this week. I'm wondering if it would work on our western caribbean cruise and if so what the "roaming rate" would be if any... the guy told me it would work anywhere I could get a Verizon signal. Anyone know. ;)

I have used my Sprint card on 2 of my cruises, but have not had the greatest signal while in port (or course, none while at sea)... It would throw me off every few minutes. I ended up once using the ships card, now I bring a wireless laptop and hook up to the ships service. As slow as it is, it was still better than the speed I was getting from the card.

Your roaming rate will depend on your plan. Just check to see what that is in your agreement or call them and ask what it will be in the various ports.

I am going to be purchasing a Verizon Wireless Broadband Air Card for my lap top this week. I'm wondering if it would work on our western caribbean cruise and if so what the "roaming rate" would be if any... the guy told me it would work anywhere I could get a Verizon signal. Anyone know. ;)

That's not quite true. If you are not on Verizons NationalAccess area you will not be able to use any data services.

DH and I travel to our boat in NC, once we are 15 miles on the east side of Raleigh he loses data ability. It's quite frustrating.

Verizon does have cell service in some ports, you should call them to see if they also support the data services.

Archived