Alaska Cruise Questions

Cost about $180.00 as I recall and was worth every penny of it! For a lot less $$$ the train ride in Skagway is a wonderful way to see the country.

Enjoy

For even less, take the bus ride that parallels the train tracks!!

A felony conviction does not preclude you from getting a passport. I have a friend who obtained a passport on an old drug conviction.

How to Obtain a Passport for Convicted Felons | USA Today sorry the link did not show up, just Google it there are many threads

Thank you for the info. He does have a passport. The conviction happened over 20 years ago. Canada does not allow felons or DUI convictions into Canada. That's the issue, not the passport. We travel everywhere...except Canada. We contacted an attorney to get the waiver, but it was going to be over $1,000 and take over a year. We didn't have the time, nor the money to spend on something like that. So we did RT Seattle. :D

Considering an Alaska Cruise on the Legend in 2017. Needs to be round trip from Seattle. I need some advice / opinions from cruisers with Alaska experiences.

1. Port or Starboard side of the ship. Which will offer the best views from a balcony?

2. Tracy Arm Fjord vs. Glacier Bay. I've been told Glacier Bay is not to be missed. Most cruises from Seattle go to Tracy Arm Fjord and not Glacier Bay. Opinions?

3. The only Glacier Bay cruises are in May. The other 5 people I'm traveling with want to go in July for the warmers temps. July vs. May weather???

4. Any other "can't miss" advise?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

If you get a chance, book via email with Carnival the Tracy Arm Explorer Excursion, you get off the ship as it enters Tracy Arm and you get to explore areas that the ship cannot get close to. 4 hours later you will reboard the ship having been taken close to the face of two glaciers.

2. Tracy Arm Fjord vs. Glacier Bay. I've been told Glacier Bay is not to be missed. Most cruises from Seattle go to Tracy Arm Fjord and not Glacier Bay. Opinions?
I should add... Tracy Arm can be congested with ice in May... preventing meet up with Sawyer.

I notice the Maasdam go 17 miles up the arm (you need to go 31 miles to see Sawyer) last week. Then do a U-turn for the nearby Endicott arm.