Silhouette forward facing outside cabins

Anubi

Here's a photo of one of it helps! There is more floor space in these cabins but due to the angle of the large window it is not entirely useable space. Great views out over bow of ship however!

4e956f733966e34cfe672488e8081e06.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

Can anyone tell me about these cabins. They are on decks 7 & 8

We had cabin 704 if I remember correctly on the Reflection for cruise. Would not do again. Very noisy when forward lines were being let out or brought in at each port. Also had continuous thumping or banging when sailing from something up front. Not sure what caused it, or what it was. The view out front was fine. It may be less of a problem on deck 8. If we did an Oceanview cabin in the future, it would be mid-ship. Others may have had a better experience than we did.

We had cabin 704 if I remember correctly on the Reflection for cruise. Would not do again. Very noisy when forward lines were being let out or brought in at each port. Also had continuous thumping or banging when sailing from something up front. Not sure what caused it, or what it was. The view out front was fine. It may be less of a problem on deck 8. If we did an Oceanview cabin in the future, it would be mid-ship. Others may have had a better experience than we did.

We frequently sail in the deck 8 family veranda cabins on the corners. The thumping is literally the bow bouncing in the waves, and yes there is extra noise when pulling in to port, both from the lines and bow thrusters. Worth it for the extra space in the FVs but not sure for just the exterior view.

A long walk to stairs and elevators.

We liked leaving the curtain open day and night. But when sailing east, we were awakened super early by the sunrise. At night, saw millions of stars -- but later learned that we should have closed the curtain for the benefit of the nav deck.

Hit my head on the slanted window so many times that I eventually stuck post-its to it.

But, personally, I loved it. It runs a tie with a low deck oceanview, where I enjoy the closeness of the sea views.

We frequently sail in the deck 8 family veranda cabins on the corners. The thumping is literally the bow bouncing in the waves, and yes there is extra noise when pulling in to port, both from the lines and bow thrusters. Worth it for the extra space in the FVs but not sure for just the exterior view.

We actually stayed in the first 2 interconnecting cabins after the FV cabin. We loved it! But yes we did get a little extra noisy on port day, noticeably the anchors being dropped at a tender port.

The first time we heard it we thought the ship was breaking up [emoji43] until we worked out what it was. Afterwards, whilst it was loud it didn't bother us as we knew what it was - we actually enjoyed the 'unique' ship sounds,min kidding the occasional slam of the bow into oncoming waves!

I don't know why people worry about the 'long walk' (allowing for those with waking difficulties) from these forward (or equivalent art) rooms...after all you are talking 2-3 mins tops to the closest elevator/stairs and what's a few steps considering how much waking you'll be doing over the ship during your cruise?! [emoji1]