Art and Sculpture Buying Onboard

dee66

Hi,

I am curious if anyone has purchased art or sculptures onboard Princess Ships. We liked some sculptures by Nano Lopez but they were very expensive. I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten good deals on these and if so how much of a discount.

Thanks.

There used to be "deals" especially if one factors in the framing. With PW running things these days, I don't have much of an idea. But as posted above, it's easy to check the internet to get some ballpark numbers.

In the past, Princess was less then what I saw in galleries.. at least the pieces that I was interested in.

Definitely check prices online at other galleries as well as websites showing recent prices for sold art to use for comparison. Also be aware that PW may give you a price and then give a lower price if you agree to buy before the auction or bundle in multiple purchases. Prices are higher now than under the old Princess Fine Arts program.

Park West rents the space on Princess. They use much more frenzied atmosphere than Princess did to get people to buy. Also check information on what they are selling. Their definition of original art works includes limited editions as well as embellished limited editions. What they (PW) call one of a kind originals is what the old Princess program considered originals.

Edited by UT-Volsfan

We are not collectors by any means but have bought about 7-8 pieces in totally over the years, nothing more expensive than $500 and everything was something we enjoy and were willing to pay the price offered. We feel they offer an excellent value on framing and have never had an issue with any of our orders. All that may vary if you are a collector, looking for value appreciation, or looking to purchase high dollar works. Just wanted to share our experiences.