I am starting to understand the frustration with Royal's pricing

Hey Bill.

Keep watching... I've been watching this sailing like a hawk for the last 3 months almost daily. Just 3 weeks ago N cabins were offered for $399 for three days then vanished, yet there are still a ton of cabins avail. Over the course of the last two weeks this sailing has risen significantly to match the current "sales" that came out.

Make sure you look at pricing when there is no sale at all (short duration between promotions). I'm pretty sure balconies were much cheaper when there was no "sale" as well.

I remembered that on the N cabins and almost pulled the trigger but I wasn't willing to commit as Marie needs to get knee surgery done (torn meniscus) and at the time we didn't know when she was going to get it done. She's scheduled for this coming Wednesday so we will be definitely good to go by September. Unless there is a massive movement of cabins in the next month I would guess we will see more of the clearance prices once we are past final payment date. Just have to be patient. :D

Wow, The taxes on that cruise are crazy.!!:eek: Were taking a 7 night Celebrity from San Jun next year and the taxes are only $84 and a 10 night in 2018 on the Serenade and the taxes for that are only $114.

Wow, The taxes on that cruise are crazy.!!:eek: Were taking a 7 night Celebrity from San Jun next year and the taxes are only $84 and a 10 night in 2018 on the Serenade and the taxes for that are only $114.

It's all U.S. and Canadian ports

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

One strategy I use on Royal cruise pricing is

1. Put aside sales and promos.

2. Look at pricing on a third party site.

Royal's convoluted pricing schemes is headache inducing. I simply put a deposit down when the price works for me and then I watch other third party sites for category drops.

Is it also possible that you are qualifying for an undisclosed regional discount?

Bill, find a specific cabin in the lowest interior category by using the well-known forbidden website. Put that cabin number into the appropriate box on the booking page.

I am guessing that you will see the lower price there.

hmmm, a new forbidden site to decode........

RCL had a summer cruise for 549.00 tried to book two cabins at that price, the website let me book one and said there weren't rooms available for the second room. Call to RCL the next day reveal it was a 'Going, going, gone sale' and apparently gone happened before we could go lol.

Ended up having to pay 150 more for the second cabin.

If you think that's frustrating, I've had internet ads pop up for Carnival cruises that don't exist. (i.e. full transit panama canal)

Bill, the taxes are very high on that cruise, around $420. Could that be the difference?

Yes, the taxes are a real killer on this cruise. The rate seems competitive for a 7 nighter pacific northwest, exactly what I'm paying for the oasis/caribbean next month. Any obc included?

I agree, the pricing can be confusing.