Adventure of the Seas Updated Details on 2016 Refurb

Just found out yesterday from a dear friend who is sailing on Liberty in September that AD was being refurbished and the Flowrider added in October/November. So glad to have found this thread.

I'm thinking of booking her for next summer. Kids with both be home (older one from college) and they are flowrider addicts. AD has been off our list because of that, but now since it's being added, it makes this a wonderful addition to our cruising life.

Love the itinerary (have not done the southern route) and the new additions will make her a welcome upgrade. We've sailed Mariner and Explorer (as the latter was homeported in NJ for quite some time) but stayed away from this class due to the flowrider issue.

Prices for next summer are attractive; depending on airfare it will be much less expensive than booking Anthem and not flying. With the later departure time, we can definitely fly in day of so we avoid hotel and food the night before, and we can get back same day as we return.

Will keep checking here for any new updates.

Tried looking back...but didn't see it...probably just overlooked it....but....remind me where we got the idea that the library is being relocated? I did not hear anything onboard regarding that. I have not been on any other Voyager class ships after revitalization....but according to the deck plans (which could be wrong)...they all still have the library in the "same" "old" "deck 7" location. What am I missing?

Tried looking back...but didn't see it...probably just overlooked it....but....remind me where we got the idea that the library is being relocated? I did not hear anything onboard regarding that. I have not been on any other Voyager class ships after revitalization....but according to the deck plans (which could be wrong)...they all still have the library in the "same" "old" "deck 7" location. What am I missing?

On RCI's site, the deck 7 plan shows the library in "light grey" indicating it's something that's going to change, but it doesn't indicate what it will change into (whereas other grayed out areas you can kind of see/labeled what it will become).

Thanks for the update on Johnny Rockets. My hubby will be happy. We do not have JR anywhere close to us so he enjoys going there for dinner one night. We typically like to go there on our last night when we are tired from packing, etc. 6 more months for us, can't wait. Been on Explorer many years ago but our first time on Adventure

On RCI's site, the deck 7 plan shows the library in "light grey" indicating it's something that's going to change, but it doesn't indicate what it will change into (whereas other grayed out areas you can kind of see/labeled what it will become).

Thanks!

For what it's worth, the first sailing post retrofit is now 95 days away..

I saw an article on a social media site about Captain Busto. It was in Spanish and I couldn't get it to translate so had to have Mr Ski interpret for me. In it he read that it will take 6,000 people ...working 24 hours a day...to complete the refurb in the allotted time frame. I don't think the 6,000 people and the 24 hours are simultaneous!:D I asked him did he mean 600 and he said "No...it says 6,000".

I can't believe they are eliminating the cigar lounge! That used to be the high point of my night, having a cigar and cognac! The thing that I don't understand is they are replacing it with either the library or the card room, two non-revenue producing venues! I'll just have to limit my cruising now to ships with a cigar lounge! RCI, you're losing customers!

Elvis

• 3 weeks later...
I saw an article on a social media site about Captain Busto. It was in Spanish and I couldn't get it to translate so had to have Mr Ski interpret for me. In it he read that it will take 6,000 people ...working 24 hours a day...to complete the refurb in the allotted time frame. I don't think the 6,000 people and the 24 hours are simultaneous!:D I asked him did he mean 600 and he said "No...it says 6,000".

I think this is the article you are talking about, a friend of mine wrote it.

http://www.elnuevodia.com/suplementos/deviaje/nota/primercapitandecruceroboricua-2228603/

Captain Busto says that the project will take six thousand people working for six weeks (a month and a half).

We are looking forward to our NYE cruise on the Adventure. :)

Oh right I thought they moved that to create space for the flowrider?

Big changes it seems.

can't see a greyed out deck plan on the uk website

Try this:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/AD/April-2016/ad_deck13_v2016_apr.pdf

You can make up the URL for the other decks by changing the "13" in this URL.

Try this:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/AD/April-2016/ad_deck13_v2016_apr.pdf

You can make up the URL for the other decks by changing the "13" in this URL.

Thanks for that interesting changes. Lots of speciality restaurants taking up current public spaces it seems. Only been on navigator on voyager class and it always seemed to struggle for chairs in bars

• 4 weeks later...

The latest version of the deck plans on the Royal Caribbean website shows that "Splash away bay" has been moved to the pool deck and they have included a two storey mini golf course. Let's see if they come up with more changes before dry dock. Looking forward to sailing on her for Christmas!

Edited by Norcruiser

The latest version of the deck plans on the Royal Caribbean website shows that "Splash away bay" has been moved to the pool deck and they have included a two storey mini golf course. Let's see if they come up with more changes before dry dock. Looking forward to sailing on her for Christmas!

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I was so happy that they weren't going to destroy her beautiful pool deck. EDIT: I just checked it out - at least it doesn't appear to replace any pools.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

• 3 weeks later...