Change cabin after deposit?

scottbet

We put a deposit on a New England cruise for this October, but after reading reviews I really want to change cabins. Is there a way to do this online or do I have to wait and call when the reservation line is open on Tuesday?

We put a deposit on a New England cruise for this October, but after reading reviews I really want to change cabins. Is there a way to do this online or do I have to wait and call when the reservation line is open on Tuesday?

There is no way to do it online as have to call Princess or a travel agent if that is who you booked it through.

Just a note. What ever cabin you select, your booking defaults to "will accept an upgrade." So, if you change to a cabin that you really want have the booking marked "no upgrade."

I'm confused about this default. I wasn't asked about this when I booked. If I booked through a travel agent, is there a way to tell wherever my booking is marked "will accept an upgrade" or "no upgrade"? If the booking is marked "will accept an upgrade", does Princess check with me to see whether or not I want what they consider an upgrade? Or is it done automatically.

I'm confused about this default. I wasn't asked about this when I booked. If I booked through a travel agent, is there a way to tell wherever my booking is marked "will accept an upgrade" or "no upgrade"? If the booking is marked "will accept an upgrade", does Princess check with me to see whether or not I want what they consider an upgrade? Or is it done automatically.

When you book you can have your booking marked "no upgrade." This is a specific booking request which is done when booking, or can be done after you book. If your booking is not specifically designated as "no upgrade" it defaults to "upgrade will be accepted." Princess normally notifies you or the T.A. when they have upgraded your cabin, for example a BD cabin to a BA cabin. If you book through a T.A. they must pass along the information, and you may have time to reject the upgrade. It may also be possible to have a booking marked meta upgrade only. This means you will only accept an upgrade to the next class of cabin, for example inside to ocean view.

Recently Princess has been offering upsells. They ask if you wish to move to a higher cat. cabin for a price.

Thanks for the responses. I called and the cabin was changed. The reservation agent did ask if I would accept a complimentary upgrade should one become available, and I did not want to be mid-ship on this cruise so she marked it "no upgrade." I feel strongly about not being under the sea-walk on the Regal!