Area like the Sanctuary on Princess?

Do not expect your NCL experience to mimic your Princess ones. They are both mass market lines but I find Princess has better service. NCL ships are louder and brighter in color which doesn't effect anything, just pointing it out. NCL is more active and has good entertainment and many more specialty restaurants.

Do not expect your NCL experience to mimic your Princess ones. They are both mass market lines but I find Princess has better service. NCL ships are louder and brighter in color which doesn't effect anything, just pointing it out. NCL is more active and has good entertainment and many more specialty restaurants.

I'm hoping for it to be completely different than all cruises we have been on. I only mentioned Princess because they have a "Sanctuary." I'd like to know if NCL has something similar. We are on a very sea day intensive itinerary.

The thermal suite might fit what you are looking for. Very relaxing place to hang out. I think only the Epic has an outdoor area in their thermal suite, I believe all the others at least have a floor to ceiling view. A 7 day pass is $129 prebooked and $149 once on board. They do limit the number of passes sold.

Epic also has the Posh beach club/sundeck. Very limited number of passes and can only be purchased once on board.

The thermal suite might fit what you are looking for. Very relaxing place to hang out. I think only the Epic has an outdoor area in their thermal suite, I believe all the others at least have a floor to ceiling view. A 7 day pass is $129 prebooked and $149 once on board. They do limit the number of passes sold.

Epic also has the Posh beach club/sundeck. Very limited number of passes and can only be purchased once on board.

We are going to try to book the thermal suites.

I'm glad you mentioned Posh... we don't know anything about it. What is the cost per day? What is it like?

Posh is the equivalent of Sanctuary (called Vibe on other ships). It's a per day/per week paid access area with upgraded loungers. I think the one on Epic may have a hot tub. There is also a bar located in the venue.

There are some differences. Loungers are not reserved (but passes=number of loungers so always some available). There's also not the same food/drink/steward service as on Princess.

Posh is the equivalent of Sanctuary (called Vibe on other ships). It's a per day/per week paid access area with upgraded loungers. I think the one on Epic may have a hot tub. There is also a bar located in the venue.

There are some differences. Loungers are not reserved (but passes=number of loungers so always some available). There's also not the same food/drink/steward service as on Princess.

Loonbeam!!! I recall one of your reviews with pics on Princess! Thank you for the info. Nice to see you one the NCL boards. We've traveled, Princess, Regent, Celebrity, Carnival, Oceania, Windstar, and Royal Caribbean. We have finally booked our first cruise on NCL! :)

Sounds like you may have already booked, but booking in a Haven suite on the NCL ships is probably the nearest equivalent to the concept of the Sanctuary, although that is purely from what I have seen in the advert not experience! You will not get complementary massages, but you will get peace and quiet and significantly enhanced service in both Haven and your suite. The Haven on Epic is superb and includes a high quality restaurant, bar and large courtyard with various relaxers, plus a private gym, sauna and private spa treatment (at extra cost of course). You also get free access to Posh.

The downside is the up-front cost. The Haven is often around twice the cost of a non-suite balcony - but most people who have experiences it will say iit is worth the cost.

Nice to be remembered. Our next cruise is on the Escape, in the Haven actually, which is actually a class Princess doesn't have yet (tho they are moving that way with Club Class).

The Haven isn't quite the same as a the sanctuary in that it's not adult only, and can't be purchased separately (tied in to class of room). The service level is much higher tho, above the Sanctuary level.

Oh and BTW to the prior poster, massages are not included with the Sanctuary (I wish!) but they are available for a fee in a cabana located in the Sanctuary area on some ships..

We've got all the main lines besides Celebrity under our belt, haven't done any of the all-inclusive luxuries yet (and none on the schedule right now)

Loonbeam!!! I recall one of your reviews with pics on Princess! Thank you for the info. Nice to see you one the NCL boards. We've traveled, Princess, Regent, Celebrity, Carnival, Oceania, Windstar, and Royal Caribbean. We have finally booked our first cruise on NCL! :)

The thermal suite was included in my suite (not a haven one). It is a very nice quiet area and the hot stone beds are out of this world.