Allure drink package questions

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if the Royal Replenish non-alcoholic drink package on Allure includes shakes at Johnny Rockets, and in general other non-alcoholic drinks at specialty restaurants?

Also, does the Ultimate Package for alcoholic drinks include top-shelf liquor such as Johnnie Walker Blue? And does it include drinks in the specialty reataurants?

Last question, what are your opinions on the drink packages in general? DH and I are trying to decide if they're worth it for us.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by HelenaCruiser2012

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if the Royal Replenish non-alcoholic drink package on Allure includes shakes at Johnny Rockets, and in general other non-alcoholic drinks at specialty restaurants? Not the shakes. But it will cover non alcoholic drinks

Also, does the Ultimate Package for alcoholic drinks include top-shelf liquor such as Johnnie Walker Blue? And does it include drinks in the specialty reataurants?

Not blue label, the high end scotch is usually more. They will have less expensive options within the package like red label. I believe specialty dining still honors the package.

Last question, what are your opinions on the drink packages in general? DH and I are trying to decide if they're worth it for us.

You have to drink something like 6-7 drinks a day to make it financially "worth it." But the convenience of getting a drink and seeing the 0.00 total is very freeing. Plus you can try a drink and just toss it if you don't like it and not feel bad about it.

Thanks for your help!

Enjoy you cruise I'm on allure in Jan.

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if the Royal Replenish non-alcoholic drink package on Allure includes shakes at Johnny Rockets, and in general other non-alcoholic drinks at specialty restaurants?

Thanks for your help!

Shakes from Johnny Rockets are not included with any beverage package. The Replishish package includes non-alcoholic drinks from restaurants and bars.

The Ultimate package includes cocktails that are $12 and under.

Thank you Bob and atnolan94 for the information!

Does anyone know what a bottle of JW Blue costs on board? We never bought a bottle of liquor on board so not sure if the prices are higher or lower.

Thanks!

If I'm recalling correctly... JW Blue was $310 for two bottles on Allure.

Edited by chandom

Thank you Bob and atnolan94 for the information!

Does anyone know what a bottle of JW Blue costs on board? We never bought a bottle of liquor on board so not sure if the prices are higher or lower.

Thanks!

Don't know the duty free price, but just wanted to mention in case you were new to Royal they they do not sell bottles of hard liquor for consumption on board.

Also want to say at the Champagne Bar on Allure they were pouring JW Platinum at no extra cost on the drink package. At least this was what I was told the last night after they were out. Never thought of asking/ordering.

Edited by chandom

Thanks again for the quick replies. And Bob didn't realize that we couldn't take it back to the cabin for a nightcap every night, glad you said that. How abt if we bought it on an island, Inguess the same rule applies, they would return it to us at the end of the cruise?

We've only been on two previous cruises, Mariner and Norwegian Star, we've had many landlubber vacations but are excited to get back on the seas on Allure!

Thanks again for the quick replies. And Bob didn't realize that we couldn't take it back to the cabin for a nightcap every night, glad you said that. How abt if we bought it on an island, Inguess the same rule applies, they would return it to us at the end of the cruise?...

Correct.

Thanks Bob and everyone for the info. I think the answer is probably no alcohol package for us, probably a non-alcohol package, and we'll have to purchase that nightcap as we want it or crack open a bottle of wine.

You're welcome.:)

You have to drink something like 6-7 drinks a day to make it financially "worth it."

I see people say this a lot, and then the conversation starts over whether or not 6-7 drinks a day is too many alcoholic drinks, but a lot of people don't realize that the beverage package also covers things like juice, bottled water (which is big when you're on a Caribbean cruise) and, depending on the package, even specialty coffees and such.

You should take into account not only how much alcohol you're planning on drinking, but how many beverages in general, and it may help you make a better informed decision. :)

We are not RCCL regulars, in fact a number of years ago we did a 3 night on RCCL and it such a disaster we swore we would NEVER sail on her again. Well, I should know better than to say never, :) RCCL is having a "Kenda Cruise". For anyone that watches "Homicide Hunter", the TV show about Lt. Joe Kenda, you know who I am talking about. DH and BIL and I all love him and the show so we are going on the "Kenda Cruise" in January.

We cruise almost strictly on Celebrity and I understand their "beverage packages". When I buy a premium beverage package on Celebrity it includes everything! From CANS of soda to water, to premium coffee to wine by the glass to alcoholic drinks. It appears to me that to get alcoholic drinks, wine by the glass. etc. AND Soda, coffee, etc. we have to buy 2 packages for each person??? is that correct???? That seems crazy!!! PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND??

Also, do my benefits from Celebrity's Captain Club carry over to RCCL? Does anyone know?

Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it.

We cruise almost strictly on Celebrity and I understand their "beverage packages". When I buy a premium beverage package on Celebrity it includes everything! From CANS of soda to water, to premium coffee to wine by the glass to alcoholic drinks. It appears to me that to get alcoholic drinks, wine by the glass. etc. AND Soda, coffee, etc. we have to buy 2 packages for each person??? is that correct???? That seems crazy!!! PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND??

Also, do my benefits from Celebrity's Captain Club carry over to RCCL? Does anyone know?

If you want alcoholic drinks, wine by the glass, soda, specialty coffee (Latte, Cappuccino, etc) and fresh squeezed OJ, and sparkling water, you only need to buy the Ultimate Drink Package

If you do not want the specialty coffee and tea, sparkling water and Fresh OJ you can buy the Premium drink Package

As far as the loyalty programs between Royal and Celebrity, the simple answer is yes. However I am not sure how it works, someone els would be able to explain it

We are not RCCL regulars, in fact a number of years ago we did a 3 night on RCCL and it such a disaster we swore we would NEVER sail on her again. Well, I should know better than to say never, :) RCCL is having a "Kenda Cruise". For anyone that watches "Homicide Hunter", the TV show about Lt. Joe Kenda, you know who I am talking about. DH and BIL and I all love him and the show so we are going on the "Kenda Cruise" in January.

You don't need two packages for each person, you only need the Ultimate package which includes everything you listed. Note that CANS of soda are not included in any Royal package, only fountain soda is included. The Coke Freestyle machines are also included should the ship you are sailing have them.

If you are Select in Captain's Club, you will be Platinum in Royal's Crown & Anchor. If you are Elite or above, you will be Diamond in C&A. These are the only two levels that are reciprocated. Call C&A at 800-526-9723 to get enrolled on C&A.

Edited by clarea

Shakes from Johnny Rockets are not included with any beverage package. The Replishish package includes non-alcoholic drinks from restaurants and bars.

The Ultimate package includes cocktails that are $12 and under.

Actually, on Allure the ultimate included cocktails/martinis/margaritas up to $13 last week. I never had to pay extra. :)

Thanks for your help!

You can see the prices of drinks in the bar menus listed below, as it may help make your decision. Remember that 18% is added to these, so a $13 margarita ends up costing you $15.34

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2361096&highlight=allure

I have a question regarding the drink package. On our next cruise on Allure, we will be given a soda package from Royal Caribbean. I don't know what it is as I don't usually buy a soda package as I am not a soda drinker.

My question is am I able to upgrade to an alcohol package and just pay the difference or do I need to buy the alcohol package on it's own when I will then have soda available on 2 packages? I don't remember if the free package we are getting is a soda package or a Royal Replenish. The package is for those booked in a Boardwalk balcony on Allure if that's any help.

Thanks so much.

I have a question regarding the drink package. On our next cruise on Allure, we will be given a soda package from Royal Caribbean. I don't know what it is as I don't usually buy a soda package as I am not a soda drinker.

My question is am I able to upgrade to an alcohol package and just pay the difference or do I need to buy the alcohol package on it's own when I will then have soda available on 2 packages? I don't remember if the free package we are getting is a soda package or a Royal Replenish. The package is for those booked in a Boardwalk balcony on Allure if that's any help.

Thanks so much.

They have been allowing people to upgrade their "free" drink packages by paying the difference in price.

I see people say this a lot, and then the conversation starts over whether or not 6-7 drinks a day is too many alcoholic drinks, but a lot of people don't realize that the beverage package also covers things like juice, bottled water (which is big when you're on a Caribbean cruise) and, depending on the package, even specialty coffees and such.

You should take into account not only how much alcohol you're planning on drinking, but how many beverages in general, and it may help you make a better informed decision. :)

You are so right. Those "per drink" charges on juice and bottled water add up quickly. I don't think it covers the bottles of water in your stateroom refrigerator though. If it does, you may have to make sure you get any charges adjusted to reflect that. (I know we got charged for the bottles we took out of our fridge. I didn't even consider whether they were covered and have no idea.)

The "alcohol" packages also include the "soda package." The Ultimate sort of gives the best of all worlds (coffee (not Starbucks though), soda, alcohol).

My husband usually gets the Select Package as he is primarily a beer drinker. I usually get the Select, as I enjoy mixed drinks a little more.

Both of us use the juice and bottled water frequently.

Anything is worth what you are willing to pay for it. I know someone on some board had once done a sort of ballpark list of what various drinks would cost on a "per drink" basis. It was worth it to me so that I could put a drink aside if I didn't like it, and not worry that I wasted my money.

I keep reading that the limit for cocktails and wine by the glass on the Ultimate pkg is $13. I can't seem to find what the limit is for the Premium pkg. Is it also $13?

(RC used to include that info on their drink pkg site but for some reason it's disappeared).