goat's milk yogurt

I did a search for my answer but no luck so will reach out to you kind folks. We are cruising with friends on the Anthem in November. My friend has an allergy to milk and can't have regular yogurt. She takes a medicine daily that she adds into her goat's milk yogurt and needs to have this yogurt available. Has anyone requested or know if they have goat's milk yogurt? Does anyone know if she could bring her own on board? She will contact special needs but I just wondered if anyone had already had this experience. Thank for your help.

I did a search for my answer but no luck so will reach out to you kind folks. We are cruising with friends on the Anthem in November. My friend has an allergy to milk and can't have regular yogurt. She takes a medicine daily that she adds into her goat's milk yogurt and needs to have this yogurt available. Has anyone requested or know if they have goat's milk yogurt? Does anyone know if she could bring her own on board? She will contact special needs but I just wondered if anyone had already had this experience. Thank for your help.

She will certainly be permitted to bring her own.

I found Anthem's cabin refrigerator to be colder than most, so she should be fine.

Shoot them an email and ask. Include your name, booking number, ship name and sailing date.

special_needs@rccl.com (underscore between special and needs)

Edited by Geeocacher

Hello there. Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, guests are not allowed to bring on board any food items other than dry, nonperishable snack items (cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc). For more information regarding dietary needs, please call us at 866-562-7625.

Hello there. Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, guests are not allowed to bring on board any food items other than dry, nonperishable snack items (cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc). For more information regarding dietary needs, please call us at 866-562-7625.

Seriously?????

Been there, done that, ate my yogurt. :eek:

Hello RCCL - nice to see you on these threads.

Wow - never knew of this specific restriction - especially for embarkation, from a US port. We have sailed with others who have brought all kinds of food on board. (cheese sticks, vegies, specialty bread etc. ) Of course, bringing food on /off a ship at ports is generally noted in the Compass.

Thank you

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

There's the answer for the OP but I must add (if RC are here reading this thread) that as a lactose intolerant (and friend to someone with cows milk protein allergy) I am dissapointed by the inadequate provision you offer people with dairy allergies.

Just back from a 7 day RC cruise and the only item RC provided was soy milk for coffee.

No dairy free spread for sandwiches/bread rolls - ended up having breakfast fruit on my bread. No dairy free/soy yoghurts or ice cream. I was served sorbet but on another day told I shouldn't have the sorbet (in the MDR) though sorbets should be dairy free.

I would bring my own yoghurts, spread, cheese etc next time and store it in my cabin fridge but your policy prohibits this - while you don't offer a suitable alternative. I understand that idea behind the policy is to prevent bringing in items that may cause food poisoning, NV etc but if dairy free items aren't offered by yourself as standard they should be available for a small surcharge/pre-bookable.

The only positive from this is that I must have lost weight due to quality of food and the lack of desserts/sweets (no cakes, ice cream etc).