Balconies 0n Escape

SandyMc

How can you know, in selecting a balcony on Escape, if the bed is going to be next to the balcony or the closet?? I can find nothing on NCL website deckplans to tell me!:confused:

This is not a definite rule, but I think (and I stress the word think) that if the cabin sleeps 3, then the bed is by the closet. If the cabin sleeps 4, then the bed is by the balcony. I think the cabins that have the pull down bed (those that sleep 4 and are designated by a + on the deck plans) always have the pull down and couch near the closet. But I could be wrong, and I'm out and about and not looking at my computer so I don't really know. So never mind. Maybe I made that all up. But at least I bumped your thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have been on the Getaway twice with 3 person mini suites and the bed has always been next to the bathroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can tell if the bed is by the balcony or by the closet by looking at the deck plans of Breakaway or Getaway, but not quite so on the Escape :(

[QUOTE=SandyMc;50132171]How can you know, in selecting a balcony on Escape, if the bed is going to be next to the balcony or the closet?? I can find nothing on NCL website deckplans to tell me!:confused:

I learned this on cruise critic - do a mock reservation and when choosing your cabin see the blue font under room details that says see more --it will tell you where the bed is. We were in 12226, sleeps 3 and bed near balcony

Example - didn't paste well on iPad

Room Details

DeskHair DryerTelephoneTelevisionTea and Coffee MakerMidship SectionStarboard SideRefrigeratorFoldable Sleeper/PlaypenSprinklersPier midshipBed Near Balcony DoorShowerConvertible Single Sofa BedPullman BedFloor to Ceiling Window

view less

How can you know, in selecting a balcony on Escape, if the bed is going to be next to the balcony or the closet?? I can find nothing on NCL website deckplans to tell me!:confused:

I learned this on cruise critic - do a mock reservation and when choosing your cabin see the blue font under room details that says see more --it will tell you where the bed is. We were in 12226, sleeps 3 and bed near balcony

We were booked Balcony Cabin 14288 on Escape in January. We were assured by the NCL CAS agent that the computer plans for that room said it was bed by balcony. We also booked the same room for a later cruise and again were assured by a different NCL agent that their computer said it was bed by balcony. Imagine our surprise when we boarded our cruise in January and discovered that the bed was next to closet.....

Moral of this story, on a new ship you can't always trust that the computer has it right :cool:

Edited by Sand and Seas
adding info

We booked Balcony Cabin 14288 on Escape in January. We were assured by the NCL CAS agent that the computer plans for that room said it was bed by balcony. We also booked the same room for a later cruise and again were assured by a different NCL agent that their computer said it was bed by balcony. Imagine our surprise when we boarded our cruise in January and discovered that the bed was next to closet.....

Moral of this story, on a new ship you can't always trust that the computer has it right. We called and changed our next Escape cruise to another balcony that might have bed by balcony....whatever we will enjoy that cruise too:cool: