Guarantee Balcony

twokids0204

For those who have booked a Guarantee Balcony, what room were you assigned? As well, how long before the cruise did you find your assignment?

I will be on the DREAM if that makes any difference...

I haven't done a balcony, but we got our assignments for the Fantasy and Conquest a little over a month out.

For the Dream, be prepared to likely be assigned to Deck 6.....

We didn't book a guarantee balcony, but we took advantage of price drops on a Pride cruise last year, "traded-in" a booked 4K interior to a balcony guarantee for less than we booked the 4K. We were in an extended balcony on deck 5 forward, great cabin and location for us. We had the cabin assignment about 4 weeks prior to the sailing.

We had a guarantee balcony room for our cruise on the Sunshine and we were assigned a cabin toward the back of deck 8. We found out our location for the July 4 sailing in mid-May.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did a guarantee balcony on the Splendor about five years ago. We got the Lido deck, about six cabins down from the pool area. We loved it. So close to get coffee in the morning or pizza in the evening. I think we found out a couple of weeks before we sailed.

I booked guarantee balcony end of march for July 23rd Conquest. I got my room assignment exactly 80 days until sailing - room 8237 which is front, starboard.

Extremely pleased with how that worked out and just counting days until we're cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuising!

We booked a guarantee balcony for an upcoming cruise on Glory because of price. We decided to try it even though there were a handful of rooms on deck 6 above the nightclubs/bars that we did not want. About 30 days out we received our assignment in the exact area we did not want. Thankfully, the price to choose our room had actually gone down, and we were able call Carnival to pay the difference and choose our room.

We didn't book a guarantee balcony, but we took advantage of price drops on a Pride cruise last year, "traded-in" a booked 4K interior to a balcony guarantee for less than we booked the 4K. We were in an extended balcony on deck 5 forward, great cabin and location for us. We had the cabin assignment about 4 weeks prior to the sailing.

Bar1068, I was informed by my Carnival booking agent that this scenario was a possibility. I would like to know how often this happens. We don't sail until October 2016. I've been checking for price drops on a regular basis though.

• 1 month later...
How were you notified when your balcony was assigned?

We are 48 days out, and when I log onto the Carnival website, it still says TBD.

We booked with a TA if that matters.

You're not notified unless your TA sends you an update. Just keep checking your Cruise Manager and at some point you'll see which cabin you got. Or... worst case scenario, you find out from the porters on embarkation day.

We booked a balconey guarantee on the Dream. We were notified of the room assignment about two months in advance. We got the last balconey, portside on the Vista deck. Only problem with room was no sofa in room. Some noise from above on Lido deck but we are not early to bed types. Expect to receive the least loved balcony and hpoe for the best. There are really no bad balconies

I just booked Dream yesterday too, 8/14 sailing, with a Balcony Guaranty. Haven't done this before with Carnival but it saved about $250 - $300. There aren't any deck 6 balconies showing available and what is left, I'd be ok with any. Actually I liked deck 6 for being so close to the fun stuff on deck 5. Am 40 days till sailing. Will be anxious to see where they put me. Only deck 9 balconies show available. Everything else is an upgrade - aft extended, spa, premium. Maybe I'll get lucky and get the elusive upgrade. But really, anything will be fine with me.

I just booked Dream yesterday too, 8/14 sailing, with a Balcony Guaranty. Haven't done this before with Carnival but it saved about $250 - $300. There aren't any deck 6 balconies showing available and what is left, I'd be ok with any. Actually I liked deck 6 for being so close to the fun stuff on deck 5. Am 40 days till sailing. Will be anxious to see where they put me. Only deck 9 balconies show available. Everything else is an upgrade - aft extended, spa, premium. Maybe I'll get lucky and get the elusive upgrade. But really, anything will be fine with me.

We are cruising the week after you... maybe we will get the same room.

Keep it clean for me... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Have you been assigned a room yet?

We are the week after you - 27 days out, and still no cabin.

:eek:

we had a GTY balcony on our January, 2016 cruise. we were assigned a forward balcony about 30 days out. we loved the location!! forward, port side was a good location. good and quiet

we have a GTY balcony for our sunshine cruise for October 2016. we are 95 days out, and still don't have an assignment. I like the savings of a GTY

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have a GTY booked for Sept 4, 2016 on the Breeze. 41 days out and no assignment yet. There are a lot of balconies available. I counted today and there are 62 showing on the web site. Most are on deck 9 but quite a lot of coves left also. Yes I know I have way too much time on my hands. I am not worried I just want to know.

Booked a balcony guarantee on Splendor and was assigned Deck 8, mid ship, exactly where I wanted. Cabin was assigned about an hour after I hung up with Carnival and the sailing wasn't for a few weeks.

Best ever was booking the guarantee and getting an Owner's Suite but that was once in a lifetime, I'm sure....(not on Carnival)

Oh, I do keep checking... 3 times a day!

:D

I feel your pain! We leave on the Magic on August 20th in a guaranteed balcony with no room assignment yet. According to the Carnival site balconies are sold out for our sailing so I figured we would have our cabin by now but no such luck I guess. I'm not worried, as long as we are in a balcony cabin on the ship I don't care where it is. I just want to know where we will be!!!