RC Cancels Rhapsody Sailings (April 29 2017)

Official Email from ROYAL...

"Over the years, Legend of the Seas® has entertained and indulged millions of cruisers in all corners of the world. In March 2017, this Royal Caribbean® favorite will make its final departure. But there's still time to get onboard for the ship's farewell run of Europe and South Pacific sailings.

To make the transition more seamless, we've added exciting new Europe and Transatlantic sailings onboard Rhapsody of the Seas® and Vision of the Seas®. The ancient monuments of Athens, the medieval walls of Dubrovnik, and relics of the Ottoman empire in Ephesus."

"Legend of the Seas farewell sailings beginning February 20, 3 unique itineraries from Brisbane to Singapore, Dubai to Barcelona."

"Rhapsody of the Seas stepping in on a European Adventure with 7 night Greek Isles, Croatia and more!"

"Vision of the Seas setting sail with unique Fall Foliage sailings and open jaws between Bayonne and Quebec."

BILL

"Over the years, Legend of the Seas® has entertained and indulged millions of cruisers in all corners of the world. In March 2017, this Royal Caribbean® favorite will make its final departure. But there's still time to get onboard for the ship's farewell run of Europe and South Pacific sailings.

To make the transition more seamless, we've added exciting new Europe and Transatlantic sailings onboard Rhapsody of the Seas® and Vision of the Seas®. The ancient monuments of Athens, the medieval walls of Dubrovnik, and relics of the Ottoman empire in Ephesus."

"Legend of the Seas farewell sailings beginning February 20, 3 unique itineraries from Brisbane to Singapore, Dubai to Barcelona."

"Rhapsody of the Seas stepping in on a European Adventure with 7 night Greek Isles, Croatia and more!"

"Vision of the Seas setting sail with unique Fall Foliage sailings and open jaws between Bayonne and Quebec."

BILL

Bill,

Thanks for posting this. I wonder when the new Rhapsody sailings will be available for bookings. I'm guessing it will take some time to get booked passengers moved around.....

[/font][/color]"Vision of the Seas setting sail with unique Fall Foliage sailings and open jaws between Bayonne and Quebec."

BILL

Another thanks for posting that- we were on one of the fall trips from Quebec City to New Jersey on the Rhapsody, and they had already changed us to the Vision when I logged in this morning.

IF YOU ARE ON THESE CRUISES- check your cabins.

And do it today. We didn't get assigned the cabin we had before, and it kind of sucked relative to the original place. So I called, and got a BETTER place than I started with. So it worked out for the better.

maybe because our minds aren't in the gutter

C'mon...you're seriously going to get all upset over this? I knew what it meant. I also don't think that my mind is in the gutter.

Maybe it's best you just get off the internet. :rolleyes:

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

C'mon...you're seriously going to get all upset over this? I knew what it meant. I also don't think that my mind is in the gutter.

Maybe it's best you just get off the internet. :rolleyes:

I'm not upset. Stuff like that is simply not allowed on the forum

I've seen similar references many times, and I've never seen them removed.

I think CC might let the abbreviations slide...

*** usually gets *** unless you separate it W T F

BTW, Rhapsody has $499 prices for Jan and Feb 2017

Edited by John&LaLa

you are correct petel - should have mentioned dates. I don't know all the dates but do know April 29 2017 as that is the one I had reserved. Had the perfect JS and was so looking forward to the itinerary. When checking RC website - no longer any cruises available to book on Rhapsody from April on to November, 2017.

My April 29, 2017 Rhapsody was supposed to go to Rome. I wonder if I should try and do the possible trip to Venice now. :rolleyes:

We had a B2B booked for next May on Rhapsody in an OV with a great rate $776 pp plus OBC ($190 total) towards gratuities. Today, we received this email from Royal:

Dear Valued Guest,

We recently announced the sale of Legend of the Seas, which will take effect in March of 2017, and has subsequently made it necessary for us to adjust some of our related itineraries. Please know that we fully recognize that this is not a matter of simply moving dates and ships. We realize your vacation is precious and we want to do everything we can to ensure it is exceptional.

To that end, we are sorry to inform you that due to a necessary change to our fleet deployment, your voyage on Rhapsody of the Seas, on May 19, 2017 has been cancelled. We understand the disappointment this may cause, and will have one of our associates reach out to you to select a new voyage for your vacation.

As a valued guest, we’d like to present you with the following option:

· Rebooking on any other sailing

o Prevailing rates apply, with no price protection available

o $200 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $400 onboard credit for suites when you rebook any Royal Caribbean sailing.

o If you incur a fee due to the change in your airline reservations you will be reimbursed up to $200 per person, for Domestic Flights & $300 per person, for International Flights.

If you are unable to re-book by June 22, 2016, a full refund for the amount paid on your current reservation will be processed to the original form of payment. Please note future compensation will not be available due to this circumstance, including air change fee reimbursement. A copy of air fees accessed must be provided for reimbursement. Guest may submit this documentation via email to mycruise@rccl.com or fax at 541-285-9415. Guests who cancel their sailing or air are not eligible for air change fee reimbursement.

If we miss you when we call, or you would like to contact us upon receipt of this letter, please call our redeployment team at 866-506-7245 at anytime.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we hope to welcome you onboard soon.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International®

DH called to ask about the OBC we originally had and was told that the $190 OBC would be replaced by $200 OBC. That's if we book a 6 night or longer cruise. 3-5 nights get $100 OBC.

So, in the end, if we rebook we get $10 per cruise more in OBC than what we had. We have until June 22 to rebook and if another OBC promotion comes out before then, it will be added to the $200. We're cruising next week so DH asked if we booked onboard, would it be added to the onboard booking bonus. Answer was NO.

DH said leave it for now, we'll think it over. The big deal for us was the great rate we had and it was near home. Booking Anthem which we really don't want to do, has rates that will way more than eat up that $200 even in an inside cabin. Very disappointed.:(

What happens if you have insurance through Royal Caribbean? Does it move to the new cruise?

It should, as long as the booking number is not changing. However, I would still double check.

We were also booked on Rhapsody (lovely aft JS) that was canceled on us for 2015 sailing. In fact, some had a B2B from Sydney, and we had a HNL to Vancouver route and planned to add an Alaska cruise when they appeared. I'd already booked some shore excursions.

What happens if you have insurance through Royal Caribbean? Does it move to the new cruise?

We have the insurance on the reservation. After we pick a new sailing, depending on the rate, that can be increased. Also, if we choose a longer sailing, we will have to add to the deposit.

Just received e-mail from RCCL....OCTOBER 23, 2017 IS OFFICIALLY CANCELLED.

Argh!!!!! I was going to book it the other day, but all I saw were insides. When I went to the reserve page, I got that "website is on vacation" error page and just hadn't gotten back to book it. Seeing this thread, it all makes sense.