Best use of FTTF after boarding

Ratdoggie

I just purchased FTTF for the first time. I'm curious how other people take advantage of this early boarding. Do you hit the buffet before it's overrun by first day all-you-can-eaters? Do you change into your swimsuit and grab a lounge chair? Or do you explore the ship so you know where everything is?

Would love to hear your advice. BTW, I'll be on the Miracle sailing out of Long Beach CA in January. Thanks!

I haven't used FTTF before but I've had priority boarding with suites. I've been lucky and my rooms are typically ready when I get on. I drop my bags off. I grab some food because usually it's around lunch time, find a nice comfy spot in the shade or on my balcony and officially start my vacation watching the long lines of people slowly making their way on, thinking wow I'm glad that's not me :D

I drop my bags off in my room and put on a bathing suit with coverup. Head to the buffet and grab some food then head to the Serenity deck and chill out. So fun to watch everyone else scramble around while I am in the hot tub enjoying my vacation already.

We drop our bags and go right to the spa so I can get the pass for the week because they limit the number they give out. Well worth the money to me! Then we take photos all over the ship. Once everyone is on its hard to get photos without all the people in them.

I just purchased FTTF for the first time. I'm curious how other people take advantage of this early boarding. Do you hit the buffet before it's overrun by first day all-you-can-eaters? Do you change into your swimsuit and grab a lounge chair? Or do you explore the ship so you know where everything is?

Would love to hear your advice. BTW, I'll be on the Miracle sailing out of Long Beach CA in January. Thanks!

Good question! It will be new for us too. I love the idea to hop in the hot tub and watch everyone going by! Might need a drink in hand though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I go straight to my room and unpack. Doesn't take too long as I have learned not to pack a lot. I only bring a carry on sized suitcase and tote bag which I carry both on with me. Then it's off for a Guys Burger. I'll usually just chill and relax or maybe get a little nap in before muster drill. I normally don't sleep good the two nights before due to all the excitement!

We sailed on the Freedom for the second time this past January, so we didn't feel the need to explore the ship as I normally would. Instead, we dropped bags off in the cabin, grabbed a snack, and plunked our butts down on loungers at the lido pool. It was the best people watching! Everyone seems to make their way through the area while they're getting to know the ship, and we had prime seats. :cool: We were close to the Red frog and Blue Iguana bars, so we just took turns getting each other drinks. I enjoyed getting pleasantly buzzed, winding down and getting into full on vacation mode!

Already knowing the ship's deck plan, making a bee line to our cabin.

After eating lunch, watching the "lost" cruisers find their way about the ship.

(Hey, I once was there, and it was part of the fun!);)

We drop our bags and go right to the spa so I can get the pass for the week because they limit the number they give out. Well worth the money to me! Then we take photos all over the ship. Once everyone is on its hard to get photos without all the people in them.

How much is the Spa pass? What do it include? If there is a site explaining this, where? We're in a regular, not Spa, cabin on the Lido deck. TIA!

Good question! It will be new for us too. I love the idea to hop in the hot tub and watch everyone going by! Might need a drink in hand though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For sure!! [emoji484]

We go to our cabin, I change into my bathing suit, go eat (on the Magic @ Guys Burgers), if not to hot I'll take my plate out by the pool and then lay out as close to the pool as I can get. After my first sip of my favorite drink, anything w/a Long Island Tea base, VACATION HAS BEGUN!!! My DH walks around and checks the ship out. 2 days till we board her!! The Magic!!!

Edited by volmoma

Good question! We got it for our cruise in the fall because we're traveling with Platinum friends, so we want to be able to hang with them as soon as possible. We only see them on the cruises!

The one in the summer we'll be going solo, so we'll want to explore for sure. But it'll be nice to be able to get some lunch without having to fight for a seat! LOL! And whatever else we want to do!

How much is the Spa pass? What do it include? a site explaining this, where? We're in a regular, not Spa, cabin on the Lido deck. TIA!

I think it is 149 for the whole week and well worth it. We always stay on Lido deck because we love it there and my DH does not use the spa. In the spa there is the Thalassotherapy pool, various steam rooms, saunas and heated tile recliners which are so relaxing. After I use the spa I go to the showers that are larger than in the cabin and shower there before going back to the cabin. Go to the carnival website for more info. Have a great cruise!!

I think it is 149 for the whole week and well worth it. We always stay on Lido deck because we love it there and my DH does not use the spa. In the spa there is the Thalassotherapy pool, various steam rooms, saunas and heated tile recliners which are so relaxing. After I use the spa I go to the showers that are larger than in the cabin and shower there before going back to the cabin. Go to the carnival website for more info. Have a great cruise!!

TY!! May just try to get one, I have bad knees among other aches and pains. I've always wanted to use the pool.

I go straight to my room and unpack. Doesn't take too long as I have learned not to pack a lot. I only bring a carry on sized suitcase and tote bag which I carry both on with me. Then it's off for a Guys Burger. I'll usually just chill and relax or maybe get a little nap in before muster drill. I normally don't sleep good the two nights before due to all the excitement!

Usually people think I am crazy when they find out I go straight to my room and take a nap until muster drill. Glad I am not the only one! Nothing much happens until after muster drill and I like to stay up very late on the first night.

First time on something other than Fantasy class, and first time with FTTF, so plan is to go to room, ditch luggage, lock up valuables (ie travel docs), put on bathing suit, hit Guy's and the pool before it's crowded. We'll see how close to that we get.

Drop off our carry-ons in the cabin, put some stuff away, and then go up to the Mongolian wok for freshly prepared food - sit outside by the pool in the shade eat and people watch. Then back to our cabin - if our luggage is there we take turns unpacking giving one another space - when is unpacking and getting organized the other of us is on the balcony. Then we just hang out on the balcony and people watch. Meet our cabin steward, square way whatever we might need special, ice etc. Pretty mellow really. :p

Hi Portland Pete

Suggestion if you like taking pictures...if you are up for sunrise there is almost nobody on deck, except a handful of other people hoping for a beautiful sunrise. You can get your sunrise pictures and anything else you want with nobody else around. That's also a good time to go to guest services if necessary.

Here is the cruise routine with FTTF for me (i just need it to open up for the Breeze!!!)

1) Get on the ship and go straight to the cabin to drop off carry-ons.

2) Head straight to the spa to get a week-long pass for the ships with Thelasso pools.

3) Go eat lunch before it gets too crowded.

4) Take pics of the ship while all the venues are open (although I am now finding the pics are more interesting with people in them).

5) Go to the dining room when the Maitre D is there (usually 1 or 2) to check on the table assignment and request a large table.

6) Start the very important search for a bartender I like.

I drop my carry-on in the cabin, which is ready when we board. Then head to the Deli for my corned beef on rye sandwich which is what I love to start my cruise with. After that, if on a new to me ship, I check it out. Other than that I relax and people watch prior to Muster Drill. I also check out my dining table assignment. Twice we've had a table for 2 with one being actually private and the other being 8 inches from the next table. I really prefer a large table and will be checking for that on next cruise.

Other advantage for me: almost no wait at Guest Services due to separate line and even though I never think I will need to stop there, it always seems to happen.

Edited by Swampbaby

Hi Portland Pete

Suggestion if you like taking pictures...if you are up for sunrise there is almost nobody on deck, except a handful of other people hoping for a beautiful sunrise. You can get your sunrise pictures and anything else you want with nobody else around. That's also a good time to go to guest services if necessary.

Great suggestion!! I am up always by 5 and sit out on the balcony and take photos but I never thought about walking around the ship at the time. Love the quietness in the morning. So think I might try that the next cruise!