Best use of FTTF after boarding

Ratdoggie

We board early and go straight to check out the cabin and drop everything off. Then change if we need/want to, open our first bottle of wine and put in portable cup to carry with us. Stop at GS if we need to talk to them about a anything or get a cabana number etc., then off to Lido or wherever to eat! Not typically lines at that point.

We are usually off exploring ship and checking out our table in the MDR by time the masses are boarding and the lines are forming. We have had FTTF for the last 5 cruises and it is worth every cent for our family!

How does the priority boarding work? Like how soon can you board? First time on Carnival and I'm thinking I'll take advantage of this.

It all depends on when the ship is cleared by Customs. They start boarding Weddings, Diamonds, Platinums, and then FTTF. For non Priority people, it goes by zones after the above groups are called. The earlier you get there, the lower number you get and the sooner you get on.

However this is not to be confused with staggered check in which is different.

I just purchased FTTF for the first time. I'm curious how other people take advantage of this early boarding. Do you hit the buffet before it's overrun by first day all-you-can-eaters? Do you change into your swimsuit and grab a lounge chair? Or do you explore the ship so you know where everything is?

Would love to hear your advice. BTW, I'll be on the Miracle sailing out of Long Beach CA in January. Thanks!

We usually go straight to the room and drop off our carry on luggage and maybe change into something lighter (like bathing suits and cover ups) before we hit the buffet or the Guy's Burger.

Sometimes, if my son has been overwhelmed a bit by all the stress (and yeah, it can be stressful for him) we go back to the room after we've eaten and chill and let him get calmed down a bit or take a nap or whatever before we have to go to Muster.

OP,

Lots of good suggestions, BUT, don't waste your time with Guy's or the Mongolian wok. That "ain't happenin" on the Miracle.

Go throw your stuff in your cabin (the bulkhead doors may be closed but it's OK to open them, there will be signs posted accordingly).

If you're picky about your MDR assignment, go there and talk to whoever is manning the podium; first come first serve. (Sometimes the MDR doors are closed until about 2PM)

Time for lunch. You could hit the deli before the line gets long, same with Chopstix, both on the port side. Good salad bar on the Miracle, pizza is good. Swing by Taste of the Nations and see what they're serving that day. Or go to the deli and get a pastrami on rye, then go to the burger grill and get a burger patty with cheese and you got yourself a pretty decent pastrami burger.

My MO is to drop off the luggage, call room service and get a big bucket of ice delivered, then go get a burger and chicken strips from the grill.

Sure wish I was hearing that "DONG" sound right now.

Great suggestion!! I am up always by 5 and sit out on the balcony and take photos but I never thought about walking around the ship at the time. Love the quietness in the morning. So think I might try that the next cruise!

Our first cruise we just woke up in the ports. Our last one, even if my wife didn't want to get up, I was up on deck early watching us pull into port and dock. While catching the sunrise was nice, it was really neat watching them maneuver into port, the other boats darting around. I think I'm looking forward to that on this trip more than most things!

Our first cruise we just woke up in the ports. Our last one, even if my wife didn't want to get up, I was up on deck early watching us pull into port and dock. While catching the sunrise was nice, it was really neat watching them maneuver into port, the other boats darting around. I think I'm looking forward to that on this trip more than most things!

Sounds like fun! Enjoy your cruise!

I don't think this has been discussed yet, but when we went on the Legend last year we learned from the Facebook group that the first person in the Red Frog Pub gets a free beer(or something like that).

We had FTTF, but none of us drink. We mentioned this to the couple behind us while we waited to board. Later that day we ran into them again and they thanked us as they apparently were the first and took advantage of it.

I don't think this has been discussed yet, but when we went on the Legend last year we learned from the Facebook group that the first person in the Red Frog Pub gets a free beer(or something like that).

We had FTTF, but none of us drink. We mentioned this to the couple behind us while we waited to board. Later that day we ran into them again and they thanked us as they apparently were the first and took advantage of it.

I know that John Heald is regularly posting pics of the first people at Red Frog - so must be something to it.

I travel with a couple family members who get stressed in crowds. For us, first stop is always the cabin. Drop carry-ons, if the luggage is there (it is sometimes) we unpack/change etc. I leave a note for the cabin steward about wanting a bucket of ice.

If our lanyards aren't hole punched, I take everyone's and hit guest services and the special line to get that done.

Two cruises I've been the first person in the pool. By this time I'm hot and sweaty and this really starts that vacation groove.

It is worth the peace of mind to me to get my uptight people on the ship and to the cabin in a timely fashion. The separate guest services line has been incredibly helpful. One trip we got it because we had two tender ports, which were unfortunately cancelled due to weather.

I always try to get FTTF.

I think it is 149 for the whole week and well worth it. We always stay on Lido deck because we love it there and my DH does not use the spa. In the spa there is the Thalassotherapy pool, various steam rooms, saunas and heated tile recliners which are so relaxing. After I use the spa I go to the showers that are larger than in the cabin and shower there before going back to the cabin. Go to the carnival website for more info. Have a great cruise!!

Do you need a pass to access the showers? Many people have talked of using them when multiple people in a cabin make the single shower a waiting game. :p

Do you need a pass to access the showers? Many people have talked of using them when multiple people in a cabin make the single shower a waiting game. :p

No, you do not need a pass. It's very nice to have the option of going up there when two people want to get ready at the same time. Last cruise I even went up there once when our shower was not in use. :)

I just purchased FTTF for the first time. I'm curious how other people take advantage of this early boarding. Do you hit the buffet before it's overrun by first day all-you-can-eaters? Do you change into your swimsuit and grab a lounge chair? Or do you explore the ship so you know where everything is?

Would love to hear your advice. BTW, I'll be on the Miracle sailing out of Long Beach CA in January. Thanks!

Don't thing you will be using your bathing suit in January.

We go straight to our cabin and check it out. Usually our luggage arrives shortly after that. Brother and SIL book a cabin next to us so Brother and I go to Guest Services to request opening the balcony divider between our cabins. By then, our wives have unpacked so we head to the Lido for a Guy's Burger and a drink of the day. Then we usually check out the MDR to see where our table is. After that, just wandering around until muster.