Victoria, BC

Haven't done it while on a cruise, but as far as I know, the only snorkeling outfit in Victoria is actually in Brentwood Bay, I think they're called Rockfish Divers. I just googled them, here is a link: http://www.best-scuba-diving-vacations-in-british-columbia.com/rockfish_divers.html

Whenever I've seen them go out, they're always wearing wetsuits, but if this is the company you're asking about, then you could probably just call them and get the answers to your questions.

I live in Brentwood Bay, no chance I'd snorkel here without a wetsuit, our water never gets very warm. We don't have very good beaches here in the bay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yeah, I was rather surprised to see the content of this thread. We wouldn't have ever thought of snorkeling in Victoria - cold, dark waters have less appeal to me than warm, clear waters of the Caribbean. I'm not saying it is wrong... I just never considered it. :o

Yeah, I was rather surprised to see the content of this thread. We wouldn't have ever thought of snorkeling in Victoria - cold, dark waters have less appeal to me than warm, clear waters of the Caribbean. I'm not saying it is wrong... I just never considered it. :o

I completely agree. Now if they were talking scuba diving that's different, I personally wouldn't snorkel.

Edited by krev

Please give a report when you return. I snorkeled in Ketchikan, and loved it. We had wet suits, and I was hot! The sea life was fascinating - totally different from any place I'd snorkeled before. Lots of colorful starfish and a kelp forest. Cold water snorkeling is different, and to many, perhaps, not as beautiful, but I still found it interesting. I'll be in Victoria in August, and depending on what you say, I may sign up for snorkeling, too.

Ok well that is not very encouraging. :( I sure hope it is better than you all think it will be! :P

Sorry I'm not trying to be discouraging, I've honestly never heard of anyone snorkelling here. If you're thinking about snorkelling in Brentwood Bay I'd be happy to go down the hill and talk to the folks. I'm about a 1 minute drive to the dock.

I'd be very interested to hear how you make out, but do wear a wet suit, it's not the Caribbean!

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to give you all an update on how our snorkeling went. :) Four of us went and we all loved it! One of us got a little chilly but for the most part it was not that cold at all. I would do it again for sure! ;)

Just wanted to give you all an update on how our snorkeling went. :) Four of us went and we all loved it! One of us got a little chilly but for the most part it was not that cold at all. I would do it again for sure! ;)

Well! Thank you! An interesting excursion, for sure. :)

Thank you for the update, I'm glad it worked out.

So glad you tried it AND had fun! I've snorkeled in Alaska (in the summer and wearing a wetsuit) and was the butt of much ridicule UNTIL ... we got back and reported on how interesting it was.

• 2 weeks later...

Since this is an excursion booked through the ship, did the snorkel company require you to wear snorkel vests like they do in the caribbean? I know ship excursions require that for safety.

We are considering this for September, 2017. Thank you for the information!

• 3 weeks later...