Disembarking flight at 3:15, luggage?

janmcn

We have a flight that leaves Vancouver at 3:15. Has anyone been able to check their luggage in right when they get to the airport? (I'm assuming about 10 am) we're flyingUnited Business. United says it is 4 hours before at earliest, but...anyone found exceptions?

(Don't want to take one of the bus/waste time tours)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They sure wouldn't make any exceptions in Ft. Lauderdale. They insisted on three hours before. We wanted to go to the United Club but it's inside security. The airport was packed, no seating open. We ended up sitting on our luggage for two or three hours. The United Club sure looked good to us once we finally got there. I hope it works better for you in Vancouver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you interested in storing it? I have no idea what it would cost and it may not be worth it for a few hours. They have locations at the airport and at Canada Place. Might be worth looking into.

http://www.cdsbaggage.ca/

That was an option at Ft. Lauderdale. The trouble was the TSA line. The United Club is inside security. The paid baggage check was outside. So, two trips through security if we wanted to relax in the United Club.

Can you take advantage of Luggage Direct? We tried it last year and it was great! Saw our bags when I put them outside the cabin door the last night, and next saw them on the carousel when arriving home in Toronto. Only had to take our small carry ons. In my view the cost was well worth it.

Enjoy your cruise.

Darn...thanks for answering...might have to take a boring tour after all (been to Vancouver numerous times.)

But, would the tour be more boring than sitting in the airport for 5 hours? Would you consider a day room at a hotel?

The CDS baggage storage has a location right in the cruise terminal near the information booth and car rental counter. You could store your bags there and enjoy downtown Vancouver for a while before heading over to the airport. Take a bus over to Stanley Park for a nice walk, take the little ferry over to Granville Island, or just walk around the historic Gastown or Chinatown districts.

That was an option at Ft. Lauderdale. The trouble was the TSA line. The United Club is inside security. The paid baggage check was outside. So, two trips through security if we wanted to relax in the United Club.

A 3:15 flight means you could check bags at 11:15 AM. If you take it easy debarking, how much before then would you get to the airport? Best bet is to grab a cup of coffee and dawdle a few minutes.

A 3:15 flight means you could check bags at 11:15 AM. If you take it easy debarking, how much before then would you get to the airport? Best bet is to grab a cup of coffee and dawdle a few minutes.

I wish it had been a 3:15 flight. We were using miles and the best I could do was 6:00 PM. I've learned my lesson. If we return to Ft. Lauderdale again, I'll use HAL's luggage direct program. It would be worth the money. Our next cruise is round trip Boston and we're taking the train.

Unfortunately no Luggage Direct internationally...yet.

Dawdling looks like it is the best way..family of 5 (3,9,11)...perhaps in the underground below Canada Place....thanks for all the suggestions.