Half Moon Cay...Cabanas

Tminish

My wife and I had Cabana #11 on our cruise last month and found it to be worth every penny!

Here's a view from Cabana 11

12924413_10153371893826816_8973647709124383331_n.jpg?oh=e8123cb4120d5c37586d5474215e5139&oe=57D6C0FE

Cabana #11 had all those chairs out front? I was hoping the further down we picked, would be no chairs. I want a view of no chairs! ha ha

Our frist time at HMC we had a cabana and split the cost among 4 people. We loved it! It was nice to have a place out of the sand, yet still on the beach.

The second time to HMC we had 2 families that included 3 adults, and 4 kids. We split the cost of a Villa. It had snacks provided, drinks (soda and water), hot tub (not really hot), and a private bathroom. Not to mention very attentive wait staff.

For us, if we're traveling with the kids, the villa is the way to go. The kids (7yrs, 11yrs, 12yrs, 12yrs) had a place to hang out in water in the shade if they wanted. (their choice to hang out there) We also didn't get situated with a lounger and book and have to run to the bathroom every few minutes. We just pointed and said go. :D

We were fine leaving the kids in the Villa while we were in the ocean because we could see them. It also gave a couple of them a nice place to nap. (But mom, I'm not tired....right! They were out cold on a lounger on the covered porch)

My wife and I had Cabana #11 on our cruise last month and found it to be worth every penny!

Here's a view from Cabana 11

12924413_10153371893826816_8973647709124383331_n.jpg?oh=e8123cb4120d5c37586d5474215e5139&oe=57D6C0FE

I can't see the picture ... can you post again? Was there much shade? I need a lot of shade for my dad

On my first visit to HMC, my friend and I rented a cabana. It was only $200 at the time (Oct. of 2013). Best $200 excursion, I've bought. It was a ways up the beach, away from the crowds. It had a ceiling fan and air conditioning, the snacks were delicious and we didn't want to leave. If you can get it, go for it! I don't know if I would at the $280 price point. :D

Was there much shade? I need a lot of shade for my dad ... do you have any pictures?

Sorry, no pics, but, they are shady all day, plus an air conditioner if you sit in back!

Over priced? YES! Worth it? Depends on your comfort level.;)

We were just at HMC on the 4th of July and had a cabana. It was definitely with it and I wouldn't hesitate to book one again. It came with a huge fruit plate, veggie plate with dip, chips with salsa, quac, and sour cream, 8 sodas and two large bottles of water. We were in the very last cabana so we didn't even make the walk to the BBQ for lunch, but didn't need to with all of the food anyway. The cabana was nice to keep the drinks cold, as there was a fridge and a cooler with ice. And we had our own shower, floating mats, and snorkel gear that I used for most of the day. Even had one of the best naps ever on the one of the comfortable chairs provided. It was literally a day in heaven.

0071720f5176be5ed2c654186f843ac4.jpg

73f62fa578a6a18596f1c4213a358e6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry, no pics, but, they are shady all day, plus an air conditioner if you sit in back!

Over priced? YES! Worth it? Depends on your comfort level.;)

Thank you ... would like the shade to be on the deck so my dad can stretch out on the lounger and not have to sit inside the cabana all day ... worth it? yes because of my 89 year old dad being with the rest of us all day --- last year when we were there, he sat under an umbrella in the center square :( I ran up from the beach to check on him every 20 minutes --- I felt bad because there was no place for him to go near us.

I just bought cabanas for our November, 2016 cruise and our May, 2017 cruise yesterday and they cost $229.99. Have no idea why anyone would think they are $280.

They were definitely $279 for the cruise I just completed. But, I booked using the deal where I saved 20% for booking all three excursions at once. So I really paid about $223.

We were just at HMC on the 4th of July and had a cabana. It was definitely with it and I wouldn't hesitate to book one again. It came with a huge fruit plate, veggie plate with dip, chips with salsa, quac, and sour cream, 8 sodas and two large bottles of water. We were in the very last cabana so we didn't even make the walk to the BBQ for lunch, but didn't need to with all of the food anyway. The cabana was nice to keep the drinks cold, as there was a fridge and a cooler with ice. And we had our own shower, floating mats, and snorkel gear that I used for most of the day. Even had one of the best naps ever on the one of the comfortable chairs provided. It was literally a day in heaven.

0071720f5176be5ed2c654186f843ac4.jpg

73f62fa578a6a18596f1c4213a358e6c.jpg

Awesome!!! We can't wait :) definitely will take the trolly (or whatever it's called) to take dad to lunch (he'll eat the snacks but will also want lunch --- or I might just go and get him lunch and bring it back)

was it shady on the deck where the loungers were? Dad will want/need to be stretched out on loungers.

was it shady on the deck where the loungers were? Dad will want/need to be stretched out on loungers.

For our cabana (#15) yes, the loungers on the deck were in the shade until the later afternoon when one of them was in partial sun. But, there is always the part that's covered that had the table and chairs where your dad can get out of the sun if needed.

For our cabana (#15) yes, the loungers on the deck were in the shade until the later afternoon when one of them was in partial sun. But, there is always the part that's covered that had the table and chairs where your dad can get out of the sun if needed.

Sweet deal! Thank you so much :) :) :)