pre cruise hotel near MIA with shuttle to port

shellysh

The comfort suite inn has a free shuttle to port and airport. I have booked there in November as it is the only with free stutters to port and airport it's right near MIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bluesub

Good price for peak tourist season.

Don't limit your search to hotels offering "free" shuttles - a taxi to POM from any hotel in the MIA airport area will run about $27-30 for the cab. Check hotels in the Blue Lagoon area - Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.

Arriving Jan. 27 2017 for 1 night. Not looking to spend more that $200 for the night.

Any thoughts on the Marriott at Miami Airport. I would appreciate other suggested hotels.

I stay at the MIA Marriott several times a year. It is now called the Marriott campus as there is a Marriott a courtyard and a residence inn all on the same compound and you can use anyone's facilities, bars, restaurants and sign to your room whichever you are staying at.

They do no have a shuttle to the port but they do offer a package that includes room & transportation to the port.

The Marriott has a very nice lively lobby bar on evenings and also a new M lounge.

They also have airport shuttles running every 30 minutes sometimes faster at peak times.

We stayed at Homewood Suites in the Blue Lagoon area right outside the airport. We loved it. They had a free shuttle from airport to hotel. They can also arrange, for a fee, a shuttle from hotel to the port. That's what we did. We plan on staying there again for our July cruise.

We stayed at Homewood Suites in the Blue Lagoon area right outside the airport. We loved it. They had a free shuttle from airport to hotel. They can also arrange, for a fee, a shuttle from hotel to the port. That's what we did. We plan on staying there again for our July cruise.

Do you remember how much it costs for the shuttle from the hotel to the port? How was your experience with the shuttle to the port? We made a reservation at Homewood Suites for our party of 10 and I'm trying to decide whether to book a private shuttle to the port.

Thanks,

Mary

Shuttle experiences can be different at every hotel and too it depends on the day.

Some have you sign up at check in for a time. Some just tell you to meet in the lobby between certain hours.

The problem is that many, free or charged, have to make several trips and stop at different ships. So you might end up waiting around longer than if you just hopped into a cab. If there are two or more, it is most often a much better $$ choice to pay the cab fare ( not the per person hotel rate) and go on your own schedule. Personally we wouldn't book a hotel on that service. Too limiting.

We made a reservation at Homewood Suites for our party of 10 and I'm trying to decide whether to book a private shuttle to the port.

Thanks,

Mary

A group of ten might not even fit into one hotel shuttle when you want to head out. You won't be the only ones. I'd look into a private service if you want to all head out for sure at the same time...on YOUR schedule. it won't cost much more. OR three cabs.

Edited by eandj

Do you remember how much it costs for the shuttle from the hotel to the port? How was your experience with the shuttle to the port? We made a reservation at Homewood Suites for our party of 10 and I'm trying to decide whether to book a private shuttle to the port.

Thanks,

Mary

Two mini-van/SUV cabs should handle all 10 of you for about $60+tips. You can price out shuttles of private transfers from Larry's Limos, but I doubt you will be the cab fare

Thanks for the information, EandJ and JohninDC. We'll probably use cabs or a private shuttle so that we can go from the hotel to the port on our own schedule.

Mary

Tell the hotel front desk when you want to leave and ask them to call for the cabs - they know who to call for reliable service.