Dawn- Oceanview vs Balcony

missingmaui

We are sailing on the Dawn in Feb 2017. In our room, there will be 2 adults and 2 4-year-olds. My parents will be in an adjoining cabin. Currently, we're booked in OB Oceanview cabins, because they accommodate 4 people.

Space-wise, would we be better switching to 2 balcony cabins and booking one of the kids in my parents' room on paper (they would both sleep in our room). I can't quite grasp how much more space there is in a balcony vs an oceanview room on the Dawn. I'm also not sure how both kids would sleep in a balcony room if the couch doesn't pull out. Any help? :confused:

We are sailing on the Dawn in Feb 2017. In our room, there will be 2 adults and 2 4-year-olds. My parents will be in an adjoining cabin. Currently, we're booked in OB Oceanview cabins, because they accommodate 4 people.

Space-wise, would we be better switching to 2 balcony cabins and booking one of the kids in my parents' room on paper (they would both sleep in our room). I can't quite grasp how much more space there is in a balcony vs an oceanview room on the Dawn. I'm also not sure how both kids would sleep in a balcony room if the couch doesn't pull out. Any help? :confused:

The ocean view rooms are advertised around 159 sq ft vs. Balcony at 203 sq ft. The extra guests in an ocean view sleep on the Pullman dropdown beds. Mom and Dad could sleep upstairs with the 4 year olds on the lower beds (i.e. don't think you want the 4 year olds up high). The balconies use the pull out sofa for extra sleeping. Both kids could sleep on single pullout sofa (snugly)

All things to consider

Thank you! The extra room would be nice, but if the kids aren't comfortable, it's not worth it. I'm hoping that our OV room has a trundle bed instead of two uppers. I'll have to ask our PCC if he knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums