Bora Bora - PG pvt island?

happy1000

We're sailing on a 2017 Society & Cook Islands itinerary which includes an overnight stay in Bora Bora. Thus, we're considering appropriate shore excursions plus their pvt island for multiple days. My Q is: does PG use their pvt island on both days or just 1 day? If its just 1 day, will it be day 1 or day 2?

TY

Tenders run on both days; surprised when I read reviews where people don't make it to the motu; it is heaven on earth, truly. A photo from the motu is the 'money shot' on nearly every PG catalog...quintessential french polynesia. Recommend you plan to go on the first day as you may like to go back on the second.

Its not private, by the way, but a prime section is 'reserved' for the PG, it is on the same motu as the Pearl Beach resort. If you google an aerial view of BB it is Tevairoa motu at apx 11 o'clock. The southern sandy tip is the PG part; soft sandy beach, bathwater lagoon, sometimes good snorkeling on the coral heads. Lacks bathroom and chairs but has a little hut serving drinks, chips.

...Its not private, by the way, but a prime section is 'reserved' for the PG, it is on the same motu as the Pearl Beach resort. If you google an aerial view of BB it is Tevairoa motu at apx 11 o'clock. The southern sandy tip is the PG part; soft sandy beach, bathwater lagoon, sometimes good snorkeling on the coral heads. Lacks bathroom and chairs but has a little hut serving drinks, chips.

Sorry to ask, but I'm just wondering about the lack of bathroom facilities. So what do you do if mother nature calls? Make a mad dash back to the ship on the next tender? Is there some facility nearby?

Becky

Sorry to ask, but I'm just wondering about the lack of bathroom facilities. So what do you do if mother nature calls? Make a mad dash back to the ship on the next tender? Is there some facility nearby?

Becky

Well let's face it, if you need to pee, you can step into the ocean (or if you're a guy, you might be able to just step behind an isolated palm tree. But yes, you have to go back to the ship for anything else, and it's not that short a trip.

Becky

Use the restroom before you go! It's a 15-20 minute ride to the ship.

Do the same comments apply to Moto Mahana @ Taha'a (i.e. no chairs, bathrooms, distance & time to ship, etc.)?

TY

I try to spend the entire day there!

Everything you need or want is there.

Not even chairs to rent? I'd go to see it and spend some time, but I can't sit/lie on the ground for two days. Lounge in a chair for 2 days? Sure!

Don't you want to do other things in BB?

To tell you the truth in January we will be going to the BB Motu morning and afternoon for the four days that we will be in BB. Basically just go back to the ship for lunch and freshening up. DH has been known to catch a nap on the way if the tender is not full.

That being said it will be our 9 th and 10 th cruise on the PG.

Don't you want to do other things in BB?

To tell you the truth in January we will be going to the BB Motu morning and afternoon for the four days that we will be in BB. Basically just go back to the ship for lunch and freshening up. DH has been known to catch a nap on the way if the tender is not full.

That being said it will be our 9 th and 10 th cruise on the PG.

I can lounge in a beautiful place for two days! But seriously, no chairs?

The BB motu is like a desert island. You take a beach towel (provided in your room), and sit or lie on it. And swim, of course, or snorkel. Or walk the beach. Sublime. Not a lot of people.

Motu Mahana is quite different. Almost everybody goes there, so it's a bit like a beach party--the bbq lunch, the games, the vendors, picnic tables as well as the chairs. It's lovely, but not much like the Bora Bora motu.