Concierge Class Embarcation Lunch

SheriffJoe

Just back from Solstice on a B2B so we enjoyed 2 Conc. Class Embark Lunches....same menu both days and it was fantastic... small menu, starters were a salad and butternut squash soup, mains were Lamb chops and some kind of fish dish....I had the Butternut squash and Lamb chops both days and LOVED it both times and I don't even really care for butternut squash or lamb chops. It was a great addition to Conc. Class amenities and we enjoyed it greatly.

Thank you for the update SherriffJoe. I agree that this is an excellent & welcome feature. If you are booked in CC, it will help make the embarkation day a bit less stressful.

As we have several Concierge cabins booked into 2018, I hope Celebrity continues to add items like this to the Concierge Class amenities.

Mike - I agree completely about the lunch. In fact we ate at Murano 3 times last week and the Concierge lunch was as good or better than our dinners and it was better than our dinner at Tuscan.

Thanks for organizing the slot pull even though it was over in about 5 minutes. I've never seen such a tight machine.

Ed

Mike - I agree completely about the lunch. In fact we ate at Murano 3 times last week and the Concierge lunch was as good or better than our dinners and it was better than our dinner at Tuscan.

Thanks for organizing the slot pull even though it was over in about 5 minutes. I've never seen such a tight machine.

Ed

Yea that was about as fast a slot pull as I've ever seen! LOL To the other posters question lunch is 11 30 to 1 and Concierge class was called to board at about 10 30 or so so we actually had to wait a bit for lunch to start so no it was not rushed at all...even if you show up at 12 55 you will have all the time you like to eat, they just stop allowing guests in to be seated at 1

Just back from Solstice on a B2B so we enjoyed 2 Conc. Class Embark Lunches....same menu both days and it was fantastic... small menu, starters were a salad and butternut squash soup, mains were Lamb chops and some kind of fish dish....I had the Butternut squash and Lamb chops both days and LOVED it both times and I don't even really care for butternut squash or lamb chops. It was a great addition to Conc. Class amenities and we enjoyed it greatly.

The menu I've seen has more than two mains. Are you sure there weren't more? I've seen pasta and something else (can't remember what). Fish and lamb chops won't cut it for us. We're in concierge in July on Summit and look forward to avoiding the buffet (we rarely eat at them on other cruise lines).

See post #16 on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2352321&highlight=lunch

So, I would say there are more than two entree choices.

Edited by BND

This is not the same menu that Solstice had last week. I saw the one you mentioned in your post and fully expected to try the short ribs.

I did not take a picture of the menu but am pretty sure the only entrées were the fish and lamb chops. There were starters and desserts which we passed on since we booked dinner at 6:30 in Murano and wanted to be ready to eat again. Each ship may have different menus.

This is not the same menu that Solstice had last week. I saw the one you mentioned in your post and fully expected to try the short ribs.

I did not take a picture of the menu but am pretty sure the only entrées were the fish and lamb chops. There were starters and desserts which we passed on since we booked dinner at 6:30 in Murano and wanted to be ready to eat again. Each ship may have different menus.

That's hardly a diverse enough menu for most people. I really hope Summit has the more expanded one or we'll have starters and dessert only.

I'm not sure who would think that lamb chops and fish should be the only choices. What do vegetarians do?. And, no we're not vegetarian. Was there a caesar salad or another salad at least?

Edited by BND

Sheriff Joe had the menu right. Butternut Squash soup, Caesar Salad starters and two dessert choices. I think Apple Pie and Chocolate Cake.

As I said we loved the entrées. Hopefully you will have more choices.

Sheriff Joe had the menu right. Butternut Squash soup, Caesar Salad starters and two dessert choices. I think Apple Pie and Chocolate Cake.

As I said we loved the entrées. Hopefully you will have more choices.

For Solstice that is the correct menu, but it doesn't appear to be for the other ships. We're on Summit. I've seen a couple of other posts about the menu on other ships and Solstice is the only one that only had two entrees.

Edited by BND

For Solstice that is the correct menu, but it doesn't appear to be for the other ships. We're on Summit. I've seen a couple of other posts about the menu on other ships and Solstice is the only one that only had two entrees.

I'm on the Summit in October in concierge class....I've only sailed twice before with Celebrity but I cannot believe the only choices on the lunch menu will be fish or meat. I eat plant based and I've always found at least a salad or pasta offered at lunch. OTOH I can always have 2 bowls of butternut squash soup and chocolate cake or 1 bowl of soup and 2 pieces of cake. :D

This is a nice benefit being added to cc, however based on the time we were picked up from the hotel celebrity allocated we would have arrived far too late to benefit from this.

I hope going forward celebrity will take note of the cc guests that are being accommodated at the chosen pre-cruise hotels.

We are Aqua class in November 2016 on constellation however are booked for b2b on infinity sept 2017 in cc.

I'm on the Summit in October in concierge class....I've only sailed twice before with Celebrity but I cannot believe the only choices on the lunch menu will be fish or meat. I eat plant based and I've always found at least a salad or pasta offered at lunch. OTOH I can always have 2 bowls of butternut squash soup and chocolate cake or 1 bowl of soup and 2 pieces of cake. :D

Perhaps they'll hear some feedback of this nature from cruisers through the summer and it will be expanded by the time you get there. The couple sitting at the table right beside us told us that there had been another couple seated at our table moments before who looked at the menu, determined it wouldn't work for them, and left. If this happens a lot, I imagine they'll make adjustments. The Hotel Director said they'd gotten the message that Concierge Class was an area where they were promising a lot and delivering a little, and the line is looking to fix that.

As others said, on the Summit last Sunday we had a choice of butternut squash soup (delicious--had some caramelized onions and apple in it) or a salmon starter (I think it's the starter that is also on the Night 7 menu; the butternut squash soup turned up again as well)--I actually don't even remember a salad. The entrees were a trout or the rack of lamb dish that is served again on Night 2 (same sides and everything). The dessert was just one option, the chocolate cake with dulce de leche filling that is on the everyday menu. It was very, very good and I probably wouldn't have tried it if it hadn't been served at lunch.

Perhaps they'll hear some feedback of this nature from cruisers through the summer and it will be expanded by the time you get there. The couple sitting at the table right beside us told us that there had been another couple seated at our table moments before who looked at the menu, determined it wouldn't work for them, and left. If this happens a lot, I imagine they'll make adjustments. The Hotel Director said they'd gotten the message that Concierge Class was an area where they were promising a lot and delivering a little, and the line is looking to fix that.

As others said, on the Summit last Sunday we had a choice of butternut squash soup (delicious--had some caramelized onions and apple in it) or a salmon starter (I think it's the starter that is also on the Night 7 menu; the butternut squash soup turned up again as well)--I actually don't even remember a salad. The entrees were a trout or the rack of lamb dish that is served again on Night 2 (same sides and everything). The dessert was just one option, the chocolate cake with dulce de leche filling that is on the everyday menu. It was very, very good and I probably wouldn't have tried it if it hadn't been served at lunch.

If that is the entire Summit menu, we will leave also. I hate lamb and only eat some fish and DH doesn't eat fish, tolerates lamb and doesn't like chocolate. That menu adds no value to us at all. Our other option is to do what we usually do on RCI and that is wait til cabins open and go to the buffet then when most people have cleared out their "saved" seats since they can't be bothered to move after they've eaten.

Edited by BND

If that is the entire Summit menu, we will leave also. I hate lamb and only eat some fish and DH doesn't eat fish, tolerates lamb and doesn't like chocolate. That menu adds no value to us at all. Our other option is to do what we usually do on RCI and that is wait til cabins open and go to the buffet then when most people have cleared out their "saved" seats since they can't be bothered to move after they've eaten.

That's a good idea...I know I can get a veggie meal and I don't mind serving myself as long as I can get a table...We eat b-fast and lunch at spa cafe most days. That's my favorite place.