Celebrity Infinity has an "oops" in Ketchikan

AKStafford

According to an article I read today, damage to cruise pier is approximately $2 to $3 million and pier could be out of use for one to two month. Any ship due to berth on this pier will likely have to tender if other berths are already being used

I just saw a video on FB this morning..... wow, that was a BIG oops. I feel bad for the people onboard that ship! Wonder if they are going to be flown home so ship can be repaired there or what. Those are big holes and I wouldn't want to be out at sea with that damage. Yikes. Scary.

my cruise leaves in just over a week, I hope it doesn't affect us docking. Nothing like the problems for those people onboard the ship right now though... yikes.

According to an article I read today, damage to cruise pier is approximately $2 to $3 million and pier could be out of use for one to two month. Any ship due to berth on this pier will likely have to tender if other berths are already being used

IMO - Celebrity ships should be the ones forced to tender, when that situation happens and they are one of the ships in port and any additional costs associated with tendering.

IMO - Celebrity ships should be the ones forced to tender, when that situation happens and they are one of the ships in port and any additional costs associated with tendering.

Hopefully that will happen, other cruise lines and their passengers are going to suffer some inconvenience otherwise as a result of the damage caused by Celebrity. Celebrity should provide any assistance needed for the repair of the cruise pier and should tender whenever the other piers are in use

This is from the Bering Sea Crab Fisherman Tour's FB page:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! The Aleutian Ballad will be temporarily located at berth 1 tender float next to the Salmon Landing Market. For those ships that are moored at dock 4 we will be providing bus service for our guests - buses will be available 30 minutes prior to the tour departure time. If you decide to walk around town, no need to go back to dock 4, you are welcome to just walk to our boat at dock 1 and we will start loading 30 minutes prior to departure.

If you know of a person who will be joining us, please share this message with them! THANK YOU!

Only the Norwegian Pearl arrives before the Island Princess on the 24th, all the others arrive later, including the Infinity at 2 PM (as we depart).

Does anyone know if ships will be able to use Berth 4? In one of the articles I read it said they will need to go back to how it was before both Berth 3 and 4 were built for awhile. I interpreted that as neither would be available until everything was fixed. It was a bit contradictory though because then at the end of the article it said something about not knowing when Berth 3 will be available again.

We are scheduled to dock at Berth 4 on Coral Princess later in June, so am hoping we won't be impacted and have to tender!

Does anyone know if ships will be able to use Berth 4? In one of the articles I read it said they will need to go back to how it was before both Berth 3 and 4 were built for awhile. I interpreted that as neither would be available until everything was fixed. It was a bit contradictory though because then at the end of the article it said something about not knowing when Berth 3 will be available again.

We are scheduled to dock at Berth 4 on Coral Princess later in June, so am hoping we won't be impacted and have to tender!

From this article http://www.ktoo.org/2016/06/04/damage-estimated-up-to-3m-after-cruise-ship-smashes-ketchikan-dock/ the Solstice was due to berth at Berth 3 but was switched to Berth 4. As far as I am aware, Berth 4 will remain available. There is however expected to be further clarification from the Ketchikan port authority today. There will probably be an updated berth schedule published as well