Viking Mani struck by barge

KirkNC

Uk and customer services managment are discussing the situation with US VP level.

Is the ship still at cologne? There is (was) a major dry dock at nearby Duisburg.

Ian

No the ship has continued on as if nothing has happened.

Kirk,

Are you aware how the affected passengers are being accommodated?

Ian

If you mean where are they sleeping, I believe they are in their original rooms. One I spoke wth said the walls had been shifted some. For example some of their drawers wouldn't open. My understanding I that there were no other open rooms to offer them. Now I have to believe Viking is taking care of them financially but I have no direct knowledge of what those arrangements maybe.

So to bring some closure to this. The ship will make its normal run from Basel to Amsterdam on Saturday. Anyone in the impacted cabins will be upgraded, they had room to do that per the Cruise Director. Upon arrival in Amsterdam the ship will go to dry dock for probably two weeks to have repairs. They had an extra ship available in Cologne they are rotating in for the two weeks. Hope this is helpful.