Just Add Magic - Just Back from our May 28th Sailing

tncruzer75

Nice start! They changed the itinerary up somewhat on your cruise. Our first stop was Cozumel and were there until 7pm I believe and our last stop was Costa Maya and we left at 2pm.

Thanks so much for your review and comments. We are looking forward to our Magic B2B cruise in January 2017.

We agree with your comments about Costa Maya We always go to Mahahual and eat at one of the little restaurants. Haven't been to Tropicante yet. Maybe in January. :)

I agree that for a sold out cruise it didn't feel crowded. Breakfast in Lido Marketplace was busy but not terrible like I've experienced on other ships. It was really uncomfortably warm in different areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Were you with a group that had late seating in Southern Lights? Your picture looks familiar. We had late seating there and set by the window. If not I'm sure we crossed paths at Alchemy. We also enjoyed that Bar at night when the bands were playing and Bojana made some really great drinks for us.

We are sailing in November and are signed up for 8:15 dining.

With the late dinner will we still be able to catch comedy shows etc?

When is the Trivia?

This is only our 2nd cruise, did anytime dining last time and were on the fence about this one

Thanks so much for your great review

I am still back and forth on the cheers program. My husband and I don't drink that much however like a few drinks during the day, wine at dinner, and maybe a night cap. We were thinking to buy a bottle of the vodka and bring on board 2 bottles of wine. We are in port 4/7 days, what are your suggestions?

The average mixed drinks were around $8.95 plus 15% gratuity. Of course there are other drinks that are more especially at Alchemy or if you requested a higher end liquor in your drink. Wine was in the $8.00 to $12.00 plus gratuity range. Specialty coffees were around $3.95 each plus gratuity. Also, you can factor in the bottled tea and water along with soft drinks and sports drinks.

For us it worked, we usually had 2 to 4 mojitos on Lido and a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. We usually had a drink or 2 at night especially from Alchemy. What was really the deciding factor was a couple of specialty coffees in the morning and maybe an iced coffee in the afternoon. We also took advantage of bottled water and Vitamin Water to stay hydrated.

Also to consider is your itinerary. The Western route is more port intensive than Eastern.

My best advice would be to take a look at what a typical day for all drinks would include and then decide.

The math worked for us plus I like the fact that my drink costs were fixed and paid for before we left home. I do recommend if you decide to purchase to do so in advance. You save money as the package is higher if you purchase it onboard.

Hope you have a great cruise!