Opinions, please

Torn between 2cruises, both about the same price. Carnival Sunshine 8 day cruise or RCI Navigator 9 night cruise. We have sailed on Carnival and have points we can use from Master card. Carnival cabin would be a spa cabin. Royal is longer, would be new cruise line for us, cabin would be standard balcony with $175 onc.

Both port in pretty much the same places. Need some outside opinions to help decide.

Thanks in advance.

It's all in personal preference but we do like RCI better than Carnival. Their loyalty program is better as well after your first cruise with them.

We've sailed Carnival based on itineraries and a couple of great sales but like the RCI ship experience and HAL is our favorite line. Nothing against Carnival - were just a better fit at HAL and RCI. :)

We have been on both and are Platinum Carnival Cruisers, but if those are the 2 choices I would have to go with the Navigator. Sunshine is cramped/crowded and even with all the new revamps that have been done, it still lacks the comfort that other ships offer. The Navigator was a new ship for us to cruise on and we really enjoyed it. More comfortable. OBC is always a plus. No mater what cruiseline you decide to use. Food on RCL not as good as Carnival, but you will not starve.

You said it would be a spa cabin on the Carnival cruise, but would it be an inside, a balcony, etc? If it's a balcony (which would make it comparable to the Royal cruise), then the Carnival cruise has the added advantage of having the spa pass which is worth more than the $175 OBC you are getting from Royal. Also, what are the itineraries for each? For me, itinerary would be the most important factor, but how much does itinerary matter to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

Food on RCL not as good as Carnival, but you will not starve.

Food is always subjective ... but ... I might have agreed at one time that Carnival was better but we had the American Table menu on the Sunshine last month and were very disappointed.

You said it would be a spa cabin on the Carnival cruise, but would it be an inside, a balcony, etc? If it's a balcony (which would make it comparable to the Royal cruise), then the Carnival cruise has the added advantage of having the spa pass which is worth more than the $175 OBC you are getting from Royal. Sent from my iPhone using

Would you use the Spa pass that come with the spa cabin on CCL to make up for the $175 OBC on RCI?

Quotes from the CCL Site FAQ:Guests in Cloud 9 Spa accommodations have private access to the spa and are eligible for exclusive spa packages and discounts. These staterooms and suites have additional in-room, spa-related amenities and decor different than other accommodations - in harmony with the soothing and relaxing theme of the Cloud 9 Spa.

For guests who do not purchase a spa stateroom or suite but would like to use the Thalassotherapy Pool, Thermal Suites and large spa whirlpool, we offer day and week long passes that can only be purchased on board at the Cloud 9 Spa. Note: The Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Vista do not have a Thalassotherapy Pool; a large whirlpool is only on the Carnival Vista. Prices are subject to change.

Torn between 2cruises, both about the same price. Carnival Sunshine 8 day cruise or RCI Navigator 9 night cruise. We have sailed on Carnival and have points we can use from Master card. Carnival cabin would be a spa cabin. Royal is longer, would be new cruise line for us, cabin would be standard balcony with $175 onc.

Both port in pretty much the same places. Need some outside opinions to help decide.

Thanks in advance.

Of course, you should pick Royal. Once you pick Royal, like I have, it's hard to go back to Carnival.:D

Personally, I would go with Navigator. I haven't been on the ship, but I hear it's really nice. I'm a huge Carnival fan, but I also enjoyed my 2 Royal cruises. I wanted to try Navigator a while back, but it was just overpriced compared to my other options at the time.

Thanks in advance.

It's always good to try something new.

You said it would be a spa cabin on the Carnival cruise, but would it be an inside, a balcony, etc? If it's a balcony (which would make it comparable to the Royal cruise), then the Carnival cruise has the added advantage of having the spa pass which is worth more than the $175 OBC you are getting from Royal. Also, what are the itineraries for each? For me, itinerary would be the most important factor, but how much does itinerary matter to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is a balcony spa cabin. Both are similar itineraries, Arbua, Bonaire, etc.