Norfolk hotels

"close" probably means downtown and IME those rooms and parking are $$$

downtown: Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel; Norfolk Waterside Marriott; Courtyard Norfolk Downtown. ALSO Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel is on Portsmouth side with a ferry to the Norfolk side . . .

I suggest something out by the airport. I've used the Holiday Inn for family several times.

I think I recall the Holiday Inn at the airport ran a cruise package ... I don't see it on the web, but it is worth a call.

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/norfolk/orfex/hoteldetail

(lived in the area 2002 - 2007, worked across the street from the Marriott and could see Sher' out my window ... held many bus' conferences in both )

p.s. this is in the Florida area of this site ... you can ask for it to be moved by clicking the red triangle at top right of your post .... better if in "East Coast" IMO

Edited by Capt_BJ

• 2 months later...

Downtown Marriott is extremely safe and easy walk to pier. Great location to visit beautiful mall, many restaurants and bars. It will take you less than 10 minutes to walk to pier. Beautiful walk, you will see the navy ship Wisconsin when you come out of the hotel. Head for that and you will be at the pier. No worries, downtown Norfolk is safe and has plenty to see. I hate to visit malls on vacation but this mall is great, upscale, lots of great stores and huge movie complex. And just a few minutes walk from the hotel. Yes I live in Norfolk and I love it. And I walk around downtown a lot!