Albergo Cesari vs Hotel Barocco

SunnyNy

Im trying to decide between these. Looks like the Cesari might be walking distance to more of the attractions, but Barocco may be a nicer hotel. Anyone with experiences at either place?

I stayed at the Cesari in September and location was most important to me. It's a nice hotel in a great location withs lots of places to eat at close by. Has a very nice roof top bar and dining area. The Bracco is 4 star in a more upscale area. So I'm sure it may be nicer but location always is my number one criteria. Bottom line your in Rome and on vacation. How bad can it be lol.

We stayed at the Cesari for three nights in Oct. 2015 and had a wonderful time. Yes, it's not a luxury hotel, but our room was fine and breakfast on the rooftop was a great way to start the day. And the location could not be beat. We walked everywhere we wanted to go, including the Vatican. In fact, the taxi driver who drove us to the hotel from the airport said "you will not need a taxi again until you leave Rome." And he was right. :)

Turtles60, aprox. how long did it take you to walk to the Vatican? Any particular sights along the way I might want to allow extra time to see? Silly question, I know!

Just about any street you turn down in the Centro Storico will have something to make you stop and look, that is what is so wonderful about Rome. Of course, you could (and should) spend some time in the Piazza Navona.

We did not not walk directly to the Vatican on the way there. It was a perfect, beautiful day, and we stopped to visit Castel Sant' Angelo, which I highly recommend. We took the time to walk all the way to the top and take in the beautiful views over the city.

We then spent the entire afternoon at the Vatican, and walked back to the hotel as evening fell. I can't recall exactly how long it took, perhaps 45 minutes; I'm sure we stopped a bit along the way; as I said, there's so much to see. Don't quote me on that time, either. :)

CastelSantAngelo1024x856_zps6a88f36e.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

I stayed at the Albergo Cesari back in October of 2013 and plan on staying there again (as long as the prices are right!) next year in October. It wasn't a fancy hotel, but the room I had was clean, comfortable, large bathroom and really I can't say anything bad about it. Was it a four star luxurious hotel? No, but it definitely served it's purpose and being so close to so many of the sights seals the deal for me. The breakfast was decent and the rooftop terrace was wonderful.

We walked back to the hotel from the Vatican and I can't remember exactly how long it took but I would estimate 40-45 minutes. We stopped for gelato along the way and also didn't take the most direct route (got turned around), but the walk was easy and didn't feel like it took that long.

Again, you can't go wrong with the Albergo Cesari. I would definitely recommend it.

We stayed at the Cesari for three nights in Oct. 2015 and had a wonderful time. Yes, it's not a luxury hotel, but our room was fine and breakfast on the rooftop was a great way to start the day. And the location could not be beat. We walked everywhere we wanted to go, including the Vatican. In fact, the taxi driver who drove us to the hotel from the airport said "you will not need a taxi again until you leave Rome." And he was right. :)

I noted an error in my date above: we stayed at this hotel in Oct. 2014.