Please HELP - Various Epic Med Cruise Questions

richstowe

We are fortunate enough to be going on an Epic cruise in 6 weeks and have a few questions .

We haven't cruised NCL before and can't find the answers we're looking for .

- We tender in Cannes . What is that like ? We do not have a suite or a ship excursion .

When can we plebs get off ? Does this involve showing up an hour early ?

- We have the drink deal . Am I correct that this only includes fountain soda .

Is anything available in cans as part of the beverage package , or is this a sin ?

- We would like to enjoy a beer or 2 on our balcony . Can we take unopened beers to our cabin ?

- Any suggestion as to which specialty restaurants to go to . We reserved the Cirque dinner theater

using one of our 3 meals .

- When can we board ? As early as what time ?

- Our pre-cruise hotel is very near the port . Does the port shuttle work well for 2 healthy adults

Any other tips for NCL , Epic or this cruise itinerary would be much appreciated .

Until I think of another dozen questions :o ,

thank you

Rich

Edited by richstowe

You make a reservation for the tender if you want to use it before 11. We had no problem at 10 and it wasn't full.

The drink deal, if you mean UBP, gets you any drink $15 or under at no charge. It would be a shame to waste that on just soda. No cans available as far as I know.

I never asked for an unopened beer. You can get a tall draft in several places and take that back, as I did. The pool bar serves draft in plastic mugs that might be 20 oz. O'Sheehans has a tall glass as well.

We overslept and didn't board until 2 but I saw them queued up at 9 as we disembarked. I wouldn't show up before 10 though.

If your hotel is nearby, a cab won't cost you much and would be downright convenient.

Edited by BamaVol

We are fortunate enough to be going on an Epic cruise in 6 weeks and have a few questions .

We haven't cruised NCL before and can't find the answers we're looking for .

- We tender in Cannes . What is that like ? We do not have a suite or a ship excursion .

When can we plebs get off ? Does this involve showing up an hour early ?

- We have the drink deal . Am I correct that this only includes fountain soda .

Is anything available in cans as part of the beverage package , or is this a sin ?

What drink deal do you mean? The UBP is for alcoholic drinks plus fountain drinks. There is also a non-alcohol version we bought for our daughter...no cans, fountain drinks only.

- We would like to enjoy a beer or 2 on our balcony . Can we take unopened beers to our cabin ?

I don't think so. You can take any drink you want to room, but not in an unopened can? I may be wrong in this.

- Any suggestion as to which specialty restaurants to go to . We reserved the Cirque dinner theater

using one of our 3 meals .

Up for personal preference. no right answer here.

- When can we board ? As early as what time ? Not sure, but we plan to arrive at port between noon and 1pm

- Our pre-cruise hotel is very near the port . Does the port shuttle work well for 2 healthy adults

Depends on the hotel I would think!

Any other tips for NCL , Epic or this cruise itinerary would be much appreciated .

Until I think of another dozen questions :o ,

thank you

Rich

We are sailing on the 10th and I have, maybe, a couple of answers for you.

- We tender in Cannes . What is that like ? We do not have a suite or a ship excursion . When can we plebs get off ? Does this involve showing up an hour early ?

Use your stateroom TV or one of the touchscreens in public areas to get a tender ticket for a specific time. That allows you to get in line at that time. There may still be a wait for the next available tender.

- We have the drink deal . Am I correct that this only includes fountain soda. Is anything available in cans as part of the beverage package , or is this a sin ?

Most bars use soda guns (no cans). Occasionally, you may find a bar using canned soda and ask them for the can.

If you are on a drinks package, you can get one glass or bottle at a time,,, opened. The drinks package is not valid for buckets of beer. Any drinks you get can be taken to your balcony.

- Any suggestion as to which specialty restaurants to go to . We reserved the Cirque dinner theater using one of our 3 meals .

Cagney's and Teppanyaki are the most popular and will sell out fast during prime time. Get your reservations as soon as you board (if you don't have them already). Use the touch screens in any public area or your stateroom TV or your iConcierge app on your phone to make reservations.

- When can we board ? As early as what time ?

Boarding usually starts around 11:30.

Yes. Much easier than trying to walk over the bridge (although you see people trying that).

[/size]

Enjoy your Cruise. We've been on that itinerary on the Epic twice. Great ship and great ports.

Edited by BirdTravels

Thank for the info . :) Yes we have the UBP although to be whinny I disagree with it being called "ultimate" . ;)

Speaking of which , does NCL sell a coffee punch card like Princess ?

I'm glad that things can be done on touchscreens . Can we also do this on our tablets and smart phones using the free app ?

oes NCL sell a coffee punch card like Princess ?

Anyone else got info ?

Thank for the info . :) Yes we have the UBP although to be whinny I disagree with it being called "ultimate" . ;)

Speaking of which , does NCL sell a coffee punch card like Princess ?

I'm glad that things can be done on touchscreens . Can we also do this on our tablets and smart phones using the free app ?

oes NCL sell a coffee punch card like Princess ?

Anyone else got info ?

No coffee punchcard. You're gonna pay for them as you drink 'em.

iConcierge is quite the handy tool. Yes you can use it make reservations.