Enchantment Debarkation Breakfast day

Just off the Enchantment 5/30 - 6/3, 2016. Overall it was a fun time, with lots of plusses and only a few minuses.

I wanted to mention how the Debarkation Day Breakfast played out. They told us it would be served in the Windjammer between 7:00 and 8:30. I was there about 7:30 and it was very busy as you might expect. There were normal waits for the food stations, and I got what I wanted. My wife and daughter came up about 8:00. Some items were now completely gone, but there was still a lot of food left. They got some danish for my teenage son who sleeps alot at 8:10. Three out of four kinds of Danish were now gone and they only had 1 kind (the little round ones with custard) to get him. By 8:15 they were down to just bacon, sausage, and eggs left. No fruit, danish, and most other stuff was entirely gone.

My advise to anyone on this ship is that if you have specific items you prefer for breakfast, get there by 7:45 since they stop replacing items at about 7:45 except for some key stuff like bacon and eggs.

The only RCL ship I have been on is Enchantment. Is this a fleetwide phenomena or just unique to Enchantment? I seems RCL does it to deliberately get customers out of the food areas into their debarkation locations.

I don't remember having food run out like this on recent Carnival cruises.

Edited by Scottohiocpa

Breakfast on disembarkation days is generally very hectic regardless of the ship and or cruise line. Personally never go to either the buffet or MDR for breakfast on embarkation as choose not to deal with the crowds. Rather at breakfast the day before , I collect cereal, milk, orange juice, fruit, Danish, bowl, tinsels and a napkin. Store it in the room's fridge to have a nice leisurely breakfast on my cabin and than leave the ship.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I've realized the cruise is really already over when I awake on debarkation day. Trying to make it like a "normal" cruise morning will only disappoint. The smiling faces and service I enjoyed all week are gone and it's time to leave! I get my coffee at Cafe Promenade and get in line for self-debarkation...and look forward to my next cruise.

Breakfast on disembarkation days is generally very hectic regardless of the ship and or cruise line. Personally never go to either the buffet or MDR for breakfast on embarkation as choose not to deal with the crowds. Rather at breakfast the day before , I collect cereal, milk, orange juice, fruit, Danish, bowl, tinsels and a napkin. Store it in the room's fridge to have a nice leisurely breakfast on my cabin and than leave the ship.

I've had great times using the MDR for breakfast on the last day. Never hurried and it seems more comfortable because its less crowded. On the Voyager and Freedom classes they have part of the WJ closed off as its getting ready for the next group of passengers and that sets off my PCD.

We've always eaten in the MDR the last morning. It's noisier than usual, but it's a little calm before the storm.

After a week of feeling like a Vanderbilt, disembarkation leaves me feeling like the Vanderbilt's scullery maid.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

thanks for the suggestion of grabbing something the day before to bring to the cabin for the last morning. it has been our experience that the morning of disembarkation is pretty rocky when it comes to breakfast... for various reasons.