Disembarking Celebrity Constellation Venice

LUCKYBLACKCAT

On disembarkation day, our flight from Marco Polo Venice Airport is not until late afternoon. We have booked a Celebrity transfer which I assume will be early morning, meaning that we will have hours to kill at the Airport.

Wondering whether to cancel this transportation and make our own way to the Airport. Thinking of taking the people mover to Piazzale Roma, leaving our bags at a left luggage facility there and going into Venice for a few hours. Finally getting a bus from Piazzale Roma to the Airport. Can anyone advise if this is feasible? Thank you for any help or comments

On disembarkation day, our flight from Marco Polo Venice Airport is not until late afternoon. We have booked a Celebrity transfer which I assume will be early morning, meaning that we will have hours to kill at the Airport.

Wondering whether to cancel this transportation and make our own way to the Airport. Thinking of taking the people mover to Piazzale Roma, leaving our bags at a left luggage facility there and going into Venice for a few hours. Finally getting a bus from Piazzale Roma to the Airport. Can anyone advise if this is feasible? Thank you for any help or comments

Very feasible and a good plan as long as you are capable of handling your own luggage (getting it to the People Mover). The luggage check at the P. Roma is close to the People Mover station. And the ATVO Express buses depart from about 50 yards away....within the P. Roma. The ATVO is inexpensive, direct, and very nice coaches with easy unlimited luggage storage underneath the bus. The bus drops you right in front of the main airport entrance (you do have to cross one small airport street).

There are few airports in Europe that are worse then Marco Polo...for spending a few hours. If we had to do this....we would our access (via Priority Pass) to the Marco Polo Club...VIP Lounge at the airport. It is also possible for folks to purchase a 1 day access to this lounge for 28€ per person.. While that is a lot of money, we think it might be well spent if one had to sit around that airport for many hours.

Hank

Clarification Hank

I was under the impression that you can't even begin to check luggage until a check in window opens at 2 hours before scheduled departure time.

My information could be incorrect. That's why I'm asking for clarification.

Your earlier post indicates to pay for and utilize the lounge. I'm assuming the lounge is past the secure area. Therefore. If I can't check in and can't check luggage,,,, how do I use the lounge for a few hours?

Clarification Hank

I was under the impression that you can't even begin to check luggage until a check in window opens at 2 hours before scheduled departure time.

My information could be incorrect. That's why I'm asking for clarification.

Your earlier post indicates to pay for and utilize the lounge. I'm assuming the lounge is past the secure area. Therefore. If I can't check in and can't check luggage,,,, how do I use the lounge for a few hours?

The rules on when you can check luggage are "airline specific" and we have no clue as to how that would work at Marco Polo. That airport is such a disorganized mess that we doubt if even the airline has a clue :). We could tell you how we once arrived at Marco Polo for an International Flight (direct to the USA) and the airline (it was USAIR) did not even open their counter until about 90 minutes before the flight (which left 30 min late because they could not get everyone checked-in on time)! And we recall one arriving at Marco Polo where the luggage handlers went on strike 5 minutes after our flight arrived...forcing other flights (in the approach pattern) to divert to other airports! Such is the life at Marco Polo!

You are correct that the lounge is past the security check...so that would be a big problem if you could not check your luggage. Personally, we would probably take the People Mover, drop our luggage at the luggage check site...and enjoy a few more hours in Venice. We only mentioned the lounge since that is an option at Marco Polo....and a lot more comfy then the regular waiting area.

Hank