Liberty May 29th Sailing

This will be a concise review without pics as I am technically challenged in that area.

Quick background. DH and I are Diamond plus bringing all the kids and grandkids together. There were 11 of us. 4 first time cruisers with most having done one or two prior cruises. 3 grands ages 1,3 and 6.

We have cruised out of Galveston several times and been on Liberty at least five times.

We had the famous 1700 balcony cabin ( still awesome) and three inside cabins close by. Great set up for us with plenty of room to meet in our cabin and use our large balcony.

This was the best embark and debarked we have ever had here! Both were quick and almost painless without much waiting at all.

First the grandkids for those of you with littles. We brought our own pack and play. We had asked for one but it never showed up so really glad we brought our own. The kids did not go to the programs a lot ( the one year never) but they seemed to enjoy it when they went. We spent a lot of time at the pool with them. The infant area is great and kept the little one cool. The slash Bay Area for the older kids is just awesome. They had so much fun there and although we watched them closely felt like it was a safe place to play. The deep pool is gone for that area as it should be.

We used a thick shower curtain hung by heavy magnets around the love seat which we turned around in the cabin for the toddler to sleep in his own tent and he loved his own space. The little ones took naps and went to bed after early dinner most nights. The video monitor worked one cabin away so whoever was watching them could sit in our cabin and watch TV and yet watch the little ones sleep.

We ate in the MDR each night. Food is subjective. None of us lost weight but we didn't rave about the food either. The pizza is still bad. The grands had fun at the cupcake class.

We were all looking forward the Saturday night fever. It was cancelled due to injuries. Pretty disappointed but what can you do do. Enjoyed In the Air and the ice show. We did several trivia games, game shows and one of our party was a finalist in Karoke. The Royal Caribbean singers were the least talented we have EVER heard.

Most tried out the water slides ( yes they are pretty slow but they worked on improving their times) and they tried the tidal wave which they all liked. They were able to go several times in just a few minutes as it was not announced it was open.

We noticed what others have said recently about Liberty. The service was just not up to par. Kudos to Anis in the DL. Our steward was efficient but not overly friendly. Our waiter was friendly but not too efficient. There were several unhappy bartenders. Amy was wonderful as the cruise director. Just not a lot of happy faces. I don't think anyone said "my pleasure " as we always thanked those who we served us. Sad to see.

3 in our group had the premium drink packages and all thought it was worth it.

Since this was kind of once in a lifetime trip we bought the full photo package. With the early discount and our D+ discount I think it was around $385. For this we got 161 pictures, all 8x10 and the usb which has all the pictures loaded on it. To us even though some are not quality it was worth it. We all were in the welcome aboard picture and used one cabin number and therefore the face recognition gave us all our groups pics.

We did one RCL excursion in Cozumel to Dophinaris. Some of us instead went to Paradise beach. Both were great.

In Grand Cayman we used Nativeway and saw the stingrays, snorkeled in the rain and went to starfish beach.

We used Jaital in Jamaica. Half went to the falls and beach and the rest to an all inclusive day on runaway beach.

We had a great vacation together with lots of family time. Usually I cook and clean for all of them so it was nice for me. We didn't have much two of us time. The DH and I joked if we ever do this again we will book a second week after they all go home so we can rest and relax too.

Sorry you missed SNF and didn't think highly of the current singers. Our son just signed on with the new cast and they should be up and running in a few weeks and all will be well again with the Liberty's Entertainment staff.