Small, unexpected credit from HAL

I opened up my CC transaction page today, I noticed a small ($40) credit hit that account. Have no idea the reason for the credit. We sailed HAL back in March, and will sail HAL late this year. Has anyone received a small, unexpected credit like this?

TIA.

Whenever port charges were lowered before our cruise, our TA would get a notice from HAL indicating that our final payment would be lower. She sends us a copy of that letter.

If port charges are lowered once we are on the ship, we get shipboard credit.

Never have we gotten an unexpected shipboard credit like you described.

We got an unexpected shipboard credit last week on our Alaska cruise. We're guessing that port charges were less than expected, but there was not explanation on our statement.

Whenever port charges were lowered before our cruise, our TA would get a notice from HAL indicating that our final payment would be lower. She sends us a copy of that letter.

If port charges are lowered once we are on the ship, we get shipboard credit.

Never have we gotten an unexpected shipboard credit like you described.

This was not a shipboard credit, this is a credit that hit my credit card account.

• 11 months later...

We had some credits. One was a Pinnacle Grill dinner that our travel agent bought us. HAL never told us we had it. So on the last day we had the credit applied to our bill. I emailed HAL and they got back to me on the reason.

I know, now, to ask on the 3rd day of a cruise if anyone has purchased a gift for us. It's embarrassing not to thank someone for a gift you never knew you had!!

I opened up my CC transaction page today, I noticed a small ($40) credit hit that account. Have no idea the reason for the credit. We sailed HAL back in March, and will sail HAL late this year. Has anyone received a small, unexpected credit like this?

TIA.

Since everyone else is mostly talking about things that happen on board, I will add what happened to me.

About 3 weeks ago I was checking my statement online and it was out of balance. Checking item by item I found a credit - more substantial than yours, that wasn't tied to a vendor. I had to call the card company to find out who issued it. Like you I have a recent cruise and one coming soon. Turned out the credit was from HAL. I called HAL and found it was tied to an upcoming cruise which hasn't reached final payment yet. HAL said I had to call the TA, who said that they didn't know why the credit appeared but I would have to repay the amount at final.

A letter was sent to HAL and to the TA inquiring as to the reason for the credit, but I have had no response yet.