Copenhagen taxi to Oceankaj taxi price?

Hi. for anyone who has had actual experience the past year, what is the taxi price from a central Copenhagen hotel to Oceankaj for 2-4 persons? Website info seems to say around $35, which seems about right to me, but one hotel concierge is insisting that the rate is now much higher? Anyone take a taxi in 2015 or this year?

We were just on the Regal. From CPH to pier was DKK 418 and from pier to CPH was DKK 482.

Worth it for us: 3 people and our luggage. Nice clean mercedes taxi with very nice drivers.

Thanks for the info.

We will be 4 people with 4 bags(max size airlines allow)

Do U think another person and more luggage would have fit in your car?

Also anyone know if hotels can call for taxi to port. I am flying in day before.

Thanks

Kerri

Our taxi to the pier was called for us from the hotel. It had a regular sized trunk that held our 3 pieces okay. We put our hand luggage inside with us. That one would not have held 4 if you had large luggage.

On the return, there were tons of taxis wagons. The back had room for all of our luggage and hand luggage as well. No problem with 4 in that one at all.

Just have your hotel call for a bigger taxi and you will not have a problem.

We were just on the Regal. From CPH to pier was DKK 418 and from pier to CPH was DKK 482.

Worth it for us: 3 people and our luggage. Nice clean mercedes taxi with very nice drivers.

These prices are from the airport and not central Copenhagen.

Yes i did put they were from and to CPH which is the Copenhagen airport. We stayed at the Hilton right at the airport. It was and awesome hotel that had big enough rooms for 3 people and had AC, which was what we needed when we were there:D

We just did this on May 17 and May 29, 2016. From a hotel near Nyhavn - the hotel booked a car for 4 with luggage and we opted for a fixed rate of 250 DKK. On the return we got a cab at the cruise terminal to a hotel near Tivoli and it was 240 DKK on the meter.

We just did this on May 17 and May 29, 2016. From a hotel near Nyhavn - the hotel booked a car for 4 with luggage and we opted for a fixed rate of 250 DKK. On the return we got a cab at the cruise terminal to a hotel near Tivoli and it was 240 DKK on the meter.

Valuable information

Good post, thanks

Srpilo

Uber trip from Oceankaj for 2 was $17. Return trip was for 3, and hit by surge pricing. $27.

No waiting in taxi queue.

This was on a holiday Monday last May.

Requires phone with Internet.

I forgot to mention that a 20% discount promotion was applied to my Capital One CC, plus no foreign transaction fees. Didn't even know about the promotion.

Edited by RVRoadie

• 2 weeks later...
Are tips expected for taxis and if so, how much?

No tips expected, if you are happy with service, round up to nearest 5DKK, or whatever you think.

We found drivers very helpful with luggage and info.

Thanks. Great information. We are leaning toward "biting the bullet" and using a taxi from the airport to the Hotel Bethel and from the hotel to the ship. Seems the easiest and less stressful way to go.

Would have to agree with you on taxi. While airport train is convenient it is when you leave the station and have to manoeuvre that luggage even a short distance to a hotel especially if there are cobblestones. I figure if you are willing to pay for cruise, airfares etc a few dollars more for a taxi is being kind to yourself after a long flight. I am certainly glad we took a taxi. Enjoy