Haven pre-concierge ?

riekl

We just upgraded into the Haven. We are about 3 weeks out, about what point do we get in contact (and how so ?) with the onboard concierge to arrange things like our extra chair for the balcony ?

We just upgraded into the Haven. We are about 3 weeks out, about what point do we get in contact (and how so ?) with the onboard concierge to arrange things like our extra chair for the balcony ?
I'd give the Pre-Concierge a call (1-855-625-4283) and go over any of your wants. You will not be able to speak with the Concierge on the ship until you get onboard the ship.

Some have reported that their wants, that they told the Pre-Concierge, were not handled when they get on the ship, but I've always had great success with the Pre-Concierge and things being done. So, keep a list, so that if things aren't done, you can give your Butler the list.

What are some common wants that people ask for other then an additional chair and maybe some extra pillows ?

Dining reservations (even combined with non-Haven guests).

Requests specific to your stateroom such as choice of pillow types (memory foam, temperature control, etc.).

Coffee/tea requests.

Anything that you can think of will be either handled or forwarded to the staff on the ship.

Success rates vary but I was satisfied with my requests. Even when I was unable (at first) to get a reservation, I eventually got it before I boarded.

Don't bother. I spent a while requesting a bunch of things before hand (pillows, coffees, teas, etc) and none of them were done. I've heard the same from others.

I'd give the Pre-Concierge a call (1-855-625-4283) and go over any of your wants. You will not be able to speak with the Concierge on the ship until you get onboard the ship.

Some have reported that their wants, that they told the Pre-Concierge, were not handled when they get on the ship, but I've always had great success with the Pre-Concierge and things being done. So, keep a list, so that if things aren't done, you can give your Butler the list.

We haven't had too much luck with pre-cruise Concierge requests (Haven or non-Haven suites alike).

We always board with a short letter "To Our Butler" ready to hand him/her upon first meeting, with a comment such as "Nice to meet you! We know this is a very busy time, so here are a few notes about us so we can help you to help us. Please ask us at any time if you want more information about us. Thanks, and see you later!"

Our requests involve "in room" concerns, which are under the purview of the Butler, not the on board Concierge.

Invariably, the Butler returns later the first evening, letter in hand, with some notes clearly scribbled on it, asking a few questions, and thanking us for the information.

In addition to including what types of snacks we do like (and do not, to avoid wasting food), we also give permission for the Butler (ONLY) to enter even if a DND sign is up, unless we've bolted the door.

That way, our early breakfast can be brought in and set up even if we aren't fully awake yet, for example.

[This has worked in suites with a separate bedroom and also in those without a separate bedroom.]

We are also dealing with some allergies, so having this in writing to hand directly to those who assist us gives us some extra re-assurance, although obviously the bottom line is that we need to remain alert.

(NCL Special Needs has been wonderful to work with anyway.)

We always board with a short letter "To Our Butler" ready to hand him/her upon first meeting, with a comment such as "Nice to meet you! We know this is a very busy time, so here are a few notes about us so we can help you to help us. Please ask us at any time if you want more information about us. Thanks, and see you later!"

We are also dealing with some allergies, so having this in writing to hand directly to those who assist us gives us some extra re-assurance, although obviously the bottom line is that we need to remain alert.

(NCL Special Needs has been wonderful to work with anyway.)

What a fantastic idea. Thanks for mentioning it!

Pre concierge usually only handles preferences from the pillow and coffee/tea pod menu. But that is really hit and miss. They can also make dining reservations. Wouldn't bother asking them about the extra chair. Odds of that happening through them are pretty slim. When you meet your room steward, that is the person to ask for an extra chair or a deck chair.

Don't bother with the pre-concierge. They explicitly offer to help you with coffees and pillows. No thanks.

The very best thing to do is to get on the ship and engage directly with your butler, your room steward, and your concierge (and their staff on large ships).

Your butler will help you with the extra chair. We had him bring us extra chairs and a pile of deck blankets for our recent Alaska cruise.

Our Room Steward helped with extra pillows and blankets for sitting on the living room sofa.

The butler and steward tagged teamed on keeping our coffee and tea restocked.