Bear Hotel Fairbanks

Queenmum

We had a similar situation a couple of years ago. We were originally booked at the Fairbanks Princess and were suddenly moved to the Bear Lodge. We were a little upset until we laid eyes on on the Bear. It was magnificent ! The rooms were beautiful and the staff outstanding. There is no shopping nearby but a nice Italian restaurant across the street or they have a nice restaurant on the grounds. Consider yourself lucky. You will love the place.

Interesting. We're scheduled for the Fairbanks Princess as well - June 23 check in. I wonder if we will be changed. Did you get an email notification or???

Personally..I wouldn't be too upset about being moved from the Princess Fairbanks "Lodge". It was my least favorite of all the lodges we stayed in during our cruise tour.

It was a huge, run of the mill hotel with little to no appeal to us when compared to the other lodges we stayed in. To me, it's only saving grace was that it is along a river which made for a lovely walk (if you could stand the bugs :o).

Edited by DentoAlaska

I feel better now. We are leaving on the 28th and got an email from our TA today that were were switched to the Bear. We're there for 2 nights before we go to Denali so for 2 nights we could do anything. At our suggestion, we are traveling with family - first time cruisers - and want everything to be nice for them

20 days and counting!

I feel better now. We are leaving on the 28th and got an email from our TA today that were were switched to the Bear. We're there for 2 nights before we go to Denali so for 2 nights we could do anything. At our suggestion, we are traveling with family - first time cruisers - and want everything to be nice for them

20 days and counting!

We fly to Fairbanks in 14 days then have a 6 day land tour before our Southbound. We had booked a cheap inside cabin but just got an upsell to a window mini-suite. I took it and my wife is very happy. 😁

Edited by Thrak