Items left behind on Celebrity Millennium May 2016

ransrider

Does anyone have advice on items left behind on a sailing? The story: One drawer in our cabin was left unchecked and all articles in that drawer were left behind--about $400 worth of hats, gloves and clothing. I called Celebrity and they said it is all thrown because of CDC rules. I do find it hard to believe they would throw away these items without trying first to contact the owner. We were in Seward all day and I wish Celebrity would have tried to make a call once the items were noticed. I also bought insurance and was told if Celebrity had a list of what was left behind that I could file a claim. Unfortunately, Celebrity does not even keep a list of these items. So bummed! I travel a lot and this is the first time I have ever left something behind and it is a frustrating feeling.

Does anyone have advice on items left behind on a sailing? The story: One drawer in our cabin was left unchecked and all articles in that drawer were left behind--about $400 worth of hats, gloves and clothing. I called Celebrity and they said it is all thrown because of CDC rules. I do find it hard to believe they would throw away these items without trying first to contact the owner. We were in Seward all day and I wish Celebrity would have tried to make a call once the items were noticed. I also bought insurance and was told if Celebrity had a list of what was left behind that I could file a claim. Unfortunately, Celebrity does not even keep a list of these items. So bummed! I travel a lot and this is the first time I have ever left something behind and it is a frustrating feeling.

Sorry for your losses.....

You have to get an item listing from X to make a claim against your travel insurance?

I would think that you make the list as to what was left and have X confirm that there were items left in the cabin and was thrown out as per regulation/policy.

As for calling you directly about it, I Am sure many, many, many people leave items on board after a sailing and to make calls on each one is a daunting task.

Had you realized it sooner, while in Seward, there may have been a possibility that something could have been done.

bon voyage

Sorry for your losses.....

You have to get an item listing from X to make a claim against your travel insurance?

I would think that you make the list as to what was left and have X confirm that there were items left in the cabin and was thrown out as per regulation/policy.

As for calling you directly about it, I Am sure many, many, many people leave items on board after a sailing and to make calls on each one is a daunting task.

Had you realized it sooner, while in Seward, there may have been a possibility that something could have been done.

bon voyage

I've intentionally left things behind. I agree it would be tough to call and I wouldn't expect it, especially on the day they are disembarking/embarking some 5,000 guests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't believe that it's true that they throw away anything left behind. I have heard of cases where cameras, cell phones, and other things were left in the safe and the owners got them back. But I believe that with clothing, they do discard anything, no one knows who wore them before, and so they don't even give them to charity.