Belfast - Black Cab Tours

Anyone here booked one of the black cab tours at the pier after getting off the ship? We're planning to do an all day private tour (2 ppl) that will take in sights beyond Belfast (such as the Giant's Causeway) and check out some of the murals before returning to the ship. We are in port 12 hours, so we have plenty of time. I know I can book the cab tour in advance, but wondering about the experience of booking at the pier (and price).

Thanks.

(P.S. Not interested in a coach tour as we want to set our own pace.)

Just curious as to why you would not book in advance. I have them booked for my upcoming cruise in August, and they did not require any payment in advance. So, wouldn't it be best to know that you are on their schedule instead of leaving it to chance?

Just curious as to why you would not book in advance. I have them booked for my upcoming cruise in August, and they did not require any payment in advance. So, wouldn't it be best to know that you are on their schedule instead of leaving it to chance?

Initial communication was prompt, but it's now two weeks since I confirmed we would book with them, and I have no confirmation from them that they have us on their schedule. So, I suppose you could say that I am just crossing my t's and dotting my i's by finding out what the experience has been at the pier :-)

We were there last August on the Ocean Princess. We were supposed to be in Derry but had a weather issue. We took the bus transfer from port and were dropped off downtown in front of tourist office. Talked to clerk and they called a guide for us. He picked us up about a half hour later and was fantastic. Everyone we talked to had great experience- we were in a black cab for a couple of hours for about $50 as I recall. Highly recommend this tour!

Edited by travelers07

We were there last August on the Ocean Princess. We were supposed to be in Derry but had a weather issue. We took the bus transfer from port and were dropped off downtown in front of tourist office. Talked to clerk and they called a guide for us. He picked us up about a half hour later and was fantastic. Everyone we talked to had great experience- we were in a black cab for a couple of hours for about $50 as I recall. Highly recommend this tour!

Thank you for the info.