Celebrity calling discount a perk?

webecruzin2

I find it astonishing that so many people continue to cruise when they get so upset about everything and that things aren't the way it use to be, but they continue to cruise. I'm fairly new to cruising and absolutely love it. I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday so I know I'm paying an inflated price when the perks are included on our cruise with Celebrity. But I like them included even if it falsely makes me feel good.

Report back in a few years and see if you still see the value as good as you perceive it today.

For sure things do change and most of us understand that. If you were use to a 'standard' and it goes away unless you pay for a new fee based version of the old 'standard' you might raise an eyebrow. Now when it happens over and over again to almost all if not all product/service categories, then you might post on CC.

For the poster who said $200 pp per day for veranda:

We are booked on 14 day Ireland/Iceland cruise round trip Southampton Aug., 2018. In 2A cabin, paid for 2B with the free upgrade.

Booked in Dec, 2016.

Wish it was $200 but we are paying more than $275 pp per day for Go Big.

If you find these tactics offensive, vote with your feet. Don't book those cruises. Check out other cruiselines or other vacation possibilities. We all know what a true repositioning cruise is and so does Celebrity.

I agree. I've got an Oct cruise scheduled with Celebrity, but my following cruise in Jan '18 will be my first on Princess. There are some negative comments about changes on the Princess board, but not nearly the quantity as on Celebrity's.

Post #25 dragged up a thread from more than a year ago, so the discussion that preceded it makes no sense today (I foolishly went and tried to bring up mentioned things on the new, current website).

But I do agree...if the price is what you are willing to pay, just do it.