Transferring a promo to TA

yerdua

Does anyone have experience transferring a cruise w air/SBP/HSC/OBC included to a TA that gives back OBC? I'm curious how a large warehouse club would calculate their OBC perk on a package cruise where the price is alot higher than the actual cruise portion itself. Specifically, I'm looking at the Europe early booking promotion where the price including all the above extras is $3099 vs the non promotion cruise only fare of $1799. It wouldn't alter my decision to book (well, it might affect my timing) just would be interested in knowing if I would get the TA OBC based on one price vs the other. Thanks.

Does anyone have experience transferring a cruise w air/SBP/HSC/OBC included to a TA that gives back OBC? I'm curious how a large warehouse club would calculate their OBC perk on a package cruise where the price is alot higher than the actual cruise portion itself. Specifically, I'm looking at the Europe early booking promotion where the price including all the above extras is $3099 vs the non promotion cruise only fare of $1799. It wouldn't alter my decision to book (well, it might affect my timing) just would be interested in knowing if I would get the TA OBC based on one price vs the other. Thanks.

Don't know the answer, but obviously anything extra beats leaving the booking w/HAL. Your TA will see an itemization of your fees. I'd be willing to bet the different components have a different commission structure by contract, if commission on the air portion pays anything at all. I'd quit wondering and call your TA.

I can't really help you because mine was a different situation from yours. I booked my cruise early with my PCC, got one or two price drops, and had $450 in OBC. I did not have air included. About three weeks before final payment, I transferred the booking to the large warehouse club for an additional $405 in OBC. My cruise fare was actually lower than the club's fare at the time of the transfer. I kept my lower fare and got the additional OBC. I wouldn't have moved the booking if I didn't get the OBC.

I will say it was a bit of a PITA to go through the club to check on upgrades/upsells closer to the sailing date and getting a different person every time I called. But for $400, I would probably do it again.

OK, so basically you think OBC might be calculated as $3099 less $800 air credit for a base of $2299?

Not quite, you would also need to subtract the value of all the other items that are part of the promotion such as the paid hotel service charges and the Signature Beverage Package.

You might find that once the value of the promotions are subtracted the cruise value is what your OBC would be based on.

For me that Europe early booking promotion is by far the best promotion I have ever heard of from HAL. I would transfer to a T.A. only if it was someone that I have used for years and been very satisfied with.

I'm not sure that is right. If I pay $1000 for my fare and $250 in port tax/fees, my fare that is commission able is $1000. If the line included a $50 drink card or a $25 OVC, those are not deducted from the $1000 in calculating TA commission. If I paid a $300 fee for an extra night, the cossionable fare is still $1000. At least this is what has been the case in my experience. Freebies given during booking promotions do not change the amount commission able to an agent.

• 3 weeks later...

Read this post and it was very helpful. I booked a 23 day cruise including the anniversary perks through Holland. The week before final payment I called the big box and was told I could get an additional $350. off booking with them. All things remain the same. I then called Holland and they said this happened all the time. It was fine with them as I felt bad about taking it away. So I had it transferred to the big box for the extra OBC. I did buy air with Holland and they are still in charge of that. All in all we have $1,000 OBC, drink cards, and prepaid gratuitys.

Read this post and it was very helpful. I booked a 23 day cruise including the anniversary perks through Holland. The week before final payment I called the big box and was told I could an additional $350. off booking with them. All things remain the same. I then called Holland and they said this happened all the time. It was fine with them as I felt bad about taking it away. So I had it transferred to the big box for the extra OBC. I did buy air with Holland and they are still in charge of that. All in all we have $1,000 OBC, drink cards, and prepaid gratuitys.