Norwegian Dawn Upscale Mexican Restaurant

macanudo23

I was born in Texas and have higher standards for Tex-Mex food. We tried Mexican food on one of the NCL ships and it didn't remind me of Texas. It was OK, but not worth the uncharge.

I live in Texas and love my Tex-Mex. But the OP says "Mexican"... Very different from Tex-Mex. California style Mexican is different too. It is a big ole world out there.

That being said, and I am culinary trained and a lover of global cuisine, NCL's Il Popo rocked it!!! The rest, not so much.

Edited by DMH15

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to all. We are considering a cruise on the Dawn and have the following concern:

A page at ncl.com gives the following list of specialty restaurants on the Dawn:

1. Moderno (Brazilian steakhouse/churrascaria)

2. Teppanyaki (Japanese hibachi restaurant)

3. Cagney's Steakhouse

4. La Cucina (Italian cuisine)

5. Le Bistro (French restaurant)

6. Sushi (Japanese sushi/sashimi)

7. Los Lobos (a la carte Mexican cantina)

Another page at ncl.com states the following: "Specialty dining packages [sDP] are honored in Cagney's Steakhouse, Moderno Churrascaria, Teppanyaki, and our French and Italian restaurants across the fleet, as well as Margaritaville on board Norwegian Escape. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, for the following per person upcharges: The Supper Club - $15 USD, Ocean Blue - $15 USD, Bayamo - $15 USD, Cirque Dreams/Illusionarium - $10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway, Sushi -$7 USD, Raw Bar - $7 USD (does not include Seafood Plateau. If ordered, the upcharge is to be waived), Pincho Tapas Bar - $7 USD"

Here is the problem, which we hope that someone who is just off the Dawn can solve:

It appears that the restaurants that we have numbered #1 through #5 would be completely included in a SDP. It is clear that #6 (Sushi) would be included, but with an upcharge. BUT ... the situation is unclear with regard to #7, Los Lobos. That venue is NOT mentioned on ncl.com's FAQ page for SDPs.

Therefore, we ask: Has anyone successfully used his/her SDP for Los Lobos on the Dawn, with or without an upcharge? (If with an upcharge, how much?)

Thanks, in advance for all helpful replies.

Therefore, we ask: Has anyone successfully used his/her SDP for Los Lobos on the Dawn, with or without an upcharge? (If with an upcharge, how much?)

Thanks, in advance for all helpful replies.

We used our SDP at Los Lobos without an upcharge.

We used our SDP at Los Lobos without an upcharge.

Well, that is good ( and surprising ) news. I fully expected to see it totally excluded in the Terms and Conditions just like Food Republic on the Escape. FDR passing up a chance to rake in some more revenue for what may prove to be a very popular restaurant? He must be slipping!

Edited by punkincc

Well, that is good ( and surprising ) news. I fully expected to see it totally excluded in the Terms and Conditions just like Food Republic on the Escape. FDR passing up a chance to rake in some more revenue for what may prove to be a very popular restaurant? He must be slipping!

Or it will change with little to no notice - for our convenience.