Celebrity Japan Millie Excursions Qs

MAXII

Hi:

Would appreciate if anyone can share their experiences regards the following excursions offered by Celebrity.

Hakodate: Onuma National Park. Description says nature and hiking lovers shouldn't miss this. I like walking and love flora/birds/nature etc. but have never hiked in my life as in hiking gear/boots etc. So, would this be okay for someone who just likes to stroll around? Hills are okay for me along with uneven surfaces but I'm not a rock climber/river rafter or mountaineer.:D

Tokyo: Highlights of Tokyo & either Japanese or a Western Style Barbecue. I'm not into sushi but would love to go with the Japanese style barbecue. Please share experiences of either of the barbecue options and how you found the tour. It's 7hrs, so how long are you at the barbecue for and also in the bus?

Yokohama - Tokyo Half Day and Airport drop off Narita. The flight home is late evening and I'm toying with just getting from the ship to Narita, storing luggage and sightseeing Narita and it's temple or, taking the half day and airport drop off to Narita excursion. Wondering if we do the excursion what time folks have actually arrived at the airport, the description says for flights after 4:30pm. Also, it sounds like there is a stop for shopping and the rest is the journey on the bus. Would appreciate hearing of experiences.

As for straight transport form Yokohama to the airport, anyone know how much X charges for it? I know about the Narita Express from Yokohama so I'm just checking out all the options.

Thanks everyone:D

Here are reviews of Onuma National Park:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1120306-d1424109-r245576483-Onuma_Park_Walking_Path-Nanae_cho_Kameda_gun_Hokkaido.html

It does not sound like you need anything more than your normal walking shoes.

Hopefully someone will come along with information on the other two tours you inquired about or go to the Ports of call board and see if anyone has written about them here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70

Holland America does a similar itinerary. A friend just visited these ports on a Holland cruise and enjoyed similar excursions. You may find additional reviews in the Holland America section of CC. Also try a "thread search" in the Asia ports section.

Hi:

Would appreciate if anyone can share their experiences regards the following excursions offered by Celebrity.

Hakodate: Onuma National Park. Description says nature and hiking lovers shouldn't miss this. I like walking and love flora/birds/nature etc. but have never hiked in my life as in hiking gear/boots etc. So, would this be okay for someone who just likes to stroll around? Hills are okay for me along with uneven surfaces but I'm not a rock climber/river rafter or mountaineer.:D

Tokyo: Highlights of Tokyo & either Japanese or a Western Style Barbecue. I'm not into sushi but would love to go with the Japanese style barbecue. Please share experiences of either of the barbecue options and how you found the tour. It's 7hrs, so how long are you at the barbecue for and also in the bus?

Yokohama - Tokyo Half Day and Airport drop off Narita. The flight home is late evening and I'm toying with just getting from the ship to Narita, storing luggage and sightseeing Narita and it's temple or, taking the half day and airport drop off to Narita excursion. Wondering if we do the excursion what time folks have actually arrived at the airport, the description says for flights after 4:30pm. Also, it sounds like there is a stop for shopping and the rest is the journey on the bus. Would appreciate hearing of experiences.

As for straight transport form Yokohama to the airport, anyone know how much X charges for it? I know about the Narita Express from Yokohama so I'm just checking out all the options.

Hi Elaine- Would mind telling me if a Tokyo city tour with hotel drop off is offered as well? We are ending in Yokohama in April but Celebrity has no tours listed yet for Tokyo. How far out is your cruise? Thanks,

Steve

Hi Elaine- Would mind telling me if a Tokyo city tour with hotel drop off is offered as well? We are ending in Yokohama in April but Celebrity has no tours listed yet for Tokyo. How far out is your cruise? Thanks,

Steve

Hi. As far as I am aware, Celebrity don't offer a tour with hotel drop off. The excursions list a tour with Narita airport drop off but I don't see anything similar. You might find a private tour company with something though.

Thanks all for other suggestions.

• 7 months later...
Hi:

Hi, We lived in Tokyo from 1992 to 1996 and frequently traveled in and out of Narita. Subsequent business trips until my retirement took me to the Tokyo area from 1996 to 2001. While I'm sure some things have changed , others haven't; e.g. vehicular capacity on expressways from Tokyo or Yokohama to Narita. Other factors to consider is the day of the week you will be making the trip and the relative effect that departure date will influence the number of passengers departing Japan for either business or pleasure.

As a rule of thumb, we always departed for the airport 3 to 4 hours before the scheduled flight departure. (The exception being if we took the train to the airport. Trains are not going to be halted because of traffic congestion.) Another consideration is, if your luggage is tagged and expedited directly from the ship to the airlines.

On one occasion, the trip from Tokyo City Air Terminal to Narita took more than 3 hours, and the line of passengers waiting to clear outbound immigration was outrageously long.My daughter and I made the flight only because as diplomats we were able to by-pass the lines at the outbound immigration station.

I Celebrity does not offer the service to check your bags directly to the airport. The odds are you will wait in a line to check them and and then another line to go thru Immigration.

I guess what I am suggesting is that if you do anything between when you disembark and the departure of your flight home, book it thru Celebrity. Let them suck up the cost if something happens that keeps you from making your flight.