Zaandam triple Denali Northbound luggage question

ksblase

We are leaving soon for our very 1st cruise (to Alaska) on the Zaandam starting in Vancouver with a land tour at the end. We arrive very early in Seward (6AM) and take a train from Seward to Anchorage at 6:50 AM.

What size carry on bag do people use that fits easily on the train?

Our itinerary indicates that we can store our carry on at the hospitality center in Anchorage until around check in at 3PM.

Does anyone know what kinds of things to see or do are located near the hospitality center.

We are leaving soon for our very 1st cruise (to Alaska) on the Zaandam starting in Vancouver with a land tour at the end. We arrive very early in Seward (6AM) and take a train from Seward to Anchorage at 6:50 AM.

What size carry on bag do people use that fits easily on the train?

Our itinerary indicates that we can store our carry on at the hospitality center in Anchorage until around check in at 3PM.

Does anyone know what kinds of things to see or do are located near the hospitality center.

Your post is a bit confusing for the following two reasons:

First, the Alaska railroad schedule says that the train from Seward to Anchorage leaves Seward at 6 PM and gets to Anchorage at 10:15 PM..................NOT AM as you indicate

Second, the trip is only 4 hrs, so why would you need anything other than a small bag for incidentals on the train?

If you mean your cruise bags, won't the cruise or land tour company handle those and if not you can check bags on Alaska railroad: https://www.alaskarailroad.com/ride-a-train/baggage

We have done double Denali and the cruise line handled all our bags and usually transferred them by bus or truck or whatever got them to our booked rooms at each stop.

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

We enjoyed this itinerary in 2014. A party of three Canadian Seniors, we used our regular carry on bags, and the train accommodated this nicely. We left the Statendam in the rain, at a very dark 6:00 AM. Upon arrival at the hospitality centre in Anchorage the cruise line had a large reception area setup to collect our bags( in a very efficient manner ), and from there we wandered around the downtown area. I don't remember anything too unusual in the area, but I might have been too tired to absorb it. The train trip was wonderful, we had wonderful crew to give a running commentary of the scenery, and we had a very brief glimpse of Mt. Denali ( or McKinley, as it was named at the time ). Everything was managed in the usual HAL efficient manner. I envy you ! DH was recalling his flightseeing tour on Mt Denali, just yesterday .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Your post is a bit confusing for the following two reasons:

First, the Alaska railroad schedule says that the train from Seward to Anchorage leaves Seward at 6 PM and gets to Anchorage at 10:15 PM..................NOT AM as you indicate

Second, the trip is only 4 hrs, so why would you need anything other than a small bag for incidentals on the train?

If you mean your cruise bags, won't the cruise or land tour company handle those and if not you can check bags on Alaska railroad: https://www.alaskarailroad.com/ride-a-train/baggage

We have done double Denali and the cruise line handled all our bags and usually transferred them by bus or truck or whatever got them to our booked rooms at each stop.

OP is using HAL's train to go from Seward to Anchorage. Sometimes there will also be an RCI ship using the same train.

And it does leave very early in the morning.

Been there and done that.

OP is using HAL's train to go from Seward to Anchorage. Sometimes there will also be an RCI ship using the same train.

And it does leave very early in the morning.

Been there and done that.

No need to shout with all those CAPS..........If you say so then it must be so and the AK railroad schedule is confusing

No need to shout with all those CAPS..........If you say so then it must be so and the AK railroad schedule is confusing

:confused: There aren't any inappropriate caps in the quote you're referencing.

:confused: There aren't any inappropriate caps in the quote you're referencing.

Here is the schedule I was referring to:http://www.alaskatravel.com/alaska-railroad/seward-anchorage-dome.html

Ruth What do you call those HUGE letters.....maybe not caps but YUUUUUGE.

You are everywhere on these boards and I am sorry I didn't get to meet you on our last HAL cruise

We will be on the Double Denali in September.

Disembark at 6am, Cruisetrain 6:50am.

Any information you would like to pass on about the trip, I would love to know.

I hope you have a fabulous trip!