Cruising--12 Step Program???

ladysheri

Is there a 12-step program for cruise addicts???....I am finding that I may have a problem.

DH and I returned from Alaska (Sapphire Princess) less than a month ago on what was supposed to be a "once-in-a-lifetime" anniversary cruise. We so thoroughly enjoyed the event that we started talking a couple of weeks ago about going again and maybe taking the DDs. So, today, I found myself on the phone with our TA(how did this happen??) booking a Mini-Suite and an Interior for the Diamond on May 20th...less than 7 months away. I can hardly wait!!! Voyage of the Glaciers...and I am working on getting my sisters to go as well. Amazin'!!!

I guess recognition and acceptance are a couple of the preliminary steps...so maybe there is hope.....except I am seriously thinking about the Panama Canal from Seattle to Fort Lauderdale (repositioning) in the Fall of 2007!

Help! :D :) :D

ladysheri

(Now, I just have to figure out how to liven up my signature and add a clock!!!) Oh...more symptoms!

You're in big, double trouble living close to the coast.

No big tab for airfare to get you to a ship.

Might as well go ahead and start saying your good-byes to other forms of recreation, relaxation and entertainment that you have enjoyed in the past.

In a year they'll be distant memories.

I don't know how many times DW and I have said to ourselves

"Remember when we used to _____________?" (before getting hooked on cruising)

Yeah, you got the monkey on your back alright!

:D

We took a "once in a lifetime" cruise for our 25th Anniversary on the Sea Princess in 2002 and we are now going on our 7th cruise in 8 weeks and we are booked for January 2007 already!!

We were completely hooked and any other holiday just does not appeal now.

Think you had better just keep planning / saving and enjoy them

Julie

Welcome to the cruise addiction!

We just returned from a cruise on 10/01/05 on the Caribbean Princess where we paid for an open booking. I could not stay off of the TA sites until I secured another cruise. Yesterday I booked the CB again for 9/30/2006 and got our first Mini Suite! Now I have something to look forward to! Yay!!!

Thanks all....it is nice to understand that I am not alone and to truly know the serious nature of the problem. :)

Living in the Seattle area, we own a small boat and have always spent a lot of time on it....so I really didn't think there would be much of a point in going on a cruise. Boy, was I wrong. Next thing you'll know, there will be a listing on Craig's List for a slightly used Sunrunner Cuddy Cabin. Would certainly finance more cruises.....

As you can see, I worked on countdown clocks and such...for a computer "rookie", this was huge!

What's the next symptom I should anticipate????

:D

Update...........I have talked my sister (& her SO) into joining us on the Diamond in May....all the way from NC. And she & I are going to surprise my Mom with a ticket as well. We booked 2 more cabins today!

I believe you all may be right..........previous life/hobbies/interests are a thing of the past!

Lovin' every minute of it! :D :) :D

ladysheri

I must admit, I too am an addict! Ever since our recent cruise to Hawaii, all I can think about is where are we going next, and which Princess ship? As for other symptoms to look for....you will now also become addicted to this site. Every moment I have when passing my desk, I check this site to see what's new and what everyone is talking about. Sometimes I have to say out loud...walk away from your computer:D .

sasha'smom

Hi my name is Patricia and I am a cruise addict, too! We will be going on #6 in 5 more weeks. This will be the 6th in 3 yrs. We go every 9 months. We are constantly asking family members, friends to go but no one can ever afford it, so they think.

We stare like a deer in headlights when we see a cruiseline commercial and get goose bumps! (THE KIDS JUST ROLL THEIR EYES AND ASK IF ITS THEIR TURN TO CRUISE, TOO .. i know we are bad parents we only take them every other yr)

We are constantly on webshots.com looking at strangers cruise pics!

We check the cruise specials, daily!!!!!!

We read these cruise forum sites daily and get a high off of other people's cruises!!!

Enjoy being a cruise addict!

Spongerob,

You posted that eye-opening 12-step program while I was on my cruise in September, so I did not have the "proper" instructions on how to behave and come back unaddicted!!! If I had only known how to look at the whole experience, I would not have the problem I have now. <dripping sarcasm>

Seriously, that was a hoot! Thanks for sharing.

Patricia....I think I like your cruise-every-9 months plan. I am sure my DH would go for that....Of course, once the DDs go in May, I am not sure we'll be able to get away with taking them on every other one. :) I do believe the planning is half the fun!!!

Archived