Trip of a lifetime on Millie and 6 night post cruise tour

Jane2357

This is the link to my review http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=536058&et_cid=2633025&et_rid=16694550&et_referrer=Contest_Costa_June2013 so please do read the review with a few photos but I'd like to add some detail below.

As many of you know this was our first time in Aqua (#1138 Aft cabin) and I wasn't sure Blu would be for me. Well I was WRONG! While I am not a big meat eater I always found things that I liked/loved. The fish was amazing! Service was wonderful - we had Armondo and Mae for servers and the sommelier Fernando was always excited to hook us up with the correct wines.

The two downsides side to Blu is the lack of any place to have a dinner for two. While we met some wonderful table mates as they are right next to you, one night would have been nice for some privacy - there is none. Breakfast times on sea days in Alaska - Blu opens too late - and then they just are full up making the quality of the food suffer. We only ate in Blu for breakfast twice due to the issue.

Our next cruise is 15 nights in a CS so I am excited to try Luminae and compare to Blu. While we would cruise in Aqua for Blu again it would depend on price, we would pay more than concierge but not a ton more as none of the other perks of Aqua were anything that we feel is worth extra cost. This A1 cabin on the aft was cheaper than an C1 on the aft.

Cabin #1138 - Amazing aft views on an oversized angled balcony - words cannot describe how great the views from this cabin were. While #1140 is larger - they do not have the angle and they do have the flag pole smack in the middle of their view. In my humble opinion #1138 or #1136 is the way to go. Pick #1136 if you can as #1138 has less privacy due to the stairway now that they have added the roof top terrace on deck 12. Also we saw zero smoking at the outdoor bar - the Oceanview on deck 10 - so going to the port side should not be a problem.

We all are aware that on the balcony of the deck 11 aft cabins - you do get bar noise from below - but I would not be booking these cabins for a warm weather cruise due to the roof top terrace - just me but I enjoy some quiet and you can hear the screen from your balcony - although not in your cabin. Also the stairs that were rarely used before are now on the main drag so traffic is heavy.

The 6 night post cruise tour was amazing with the only fault the accommodations at the Denali Park Village. The oldest buildings 100, 200, 300 should NOT be used for Celebrity guests. We had the manager (grudgingly) move us to building 600 and the difference was night and day.

Any questions please let ask and I'll do my best to help.

Edited by Jane2357

I'm confused about your cabin numbering. Are you saying the SIDE aft cabin #1136 is the best choice? It has the stairwell right next to it - at least on the deck plans and doesn't face aft. ??

:o Sorry for the confusion I meant to say #1138 and #1141 - I'd go for #1141 if possible - not #1136.

Time change has me rather messed up. Also I would avoid #1130, also on the aft - if possible as it is right next to the stairs.

Edited by Jane2357

In your opinion, how many pax use the stairs? I am on the Constellation in October in 1130 from Istanbul to Rome. I do not mind some noise. Is it really that bad? And IMHO any aft cabin is still better than any other cabin.

In your opinion, how many pax use the stairs? I am on the Constellation in October in 1130 from Istanbul to Rome. I do not mind some noise. Is it really that bad? And IMHO any aft cabin is still better than any other cabin.

We also LOVE aft cabins - however - if I were on a warm weather cruise and looking to relax, to have my own quiet place - these cabins would not be my choice. I'd go down some decks and get into a Concierge cabin.

The bar noise is always there but we knew that before hand and it wasn't bad. Add in to that bar noise the rooftop terrace noise when you are in port and your balcony enjoyment in MY opinion - is gone. With the ship moving the RTT noise isn't so noticeable. Stopped you can hear it clearly - ads for art auction, etc..

Edited by Jane2357

One thing I forgot to mention was the Chic Nights - I saw two tuxes, suits were few (my dh wearing one), blazers/sports coats were the norm. I only saw 1 long gown and it was on a teenager. The women were in cocktail (the minority) or below.

Edited by Jane2357

:o Sorry for the confusion I meant to say #1138 and #1141 - I'd go for #1141 if possible - not #1136.

Time change has me rather messed up. Also I would avoid #1130, also on the aft - if possible as it is right next to the stairs.

That makes more sense, thanks. Made notes. ;)

We also LOVE aft cabins - however - if I were on a warm weather cruise and looking to relax, to have my own quiet place - these cabins would not be my choice. I'd go down some decks and get into a Concierge cabin.

The bar noise is always there but we knew that before hand and it wasn't bad. Add in to that bar noise the rooftop terrace noise when you are in port and your balcony enjoyment in MY opinion - is gone. With the ship moving the RTT noise isn't so noticeable. Stopped you can hear it clearly - ads for art auction, etc..

Good information and exactly what we do. We like to get as far away as possible from the Sunset Bar and Celebrity's version of MUTS. It was very quiet and peaceful on Deck 7 while in port and at sea. ;)

Edited by DrivesLikeMario